Apps crashing after MIUI 14 update

Spookie

Members
Dec 14, 2021
Some of my apps such as Gmail, Twitter and even Google sometimes just freeze and crash after the lastest update for VEUXG 14.0.2.0. Am I the only one having issues with this or is there anyone else that's having the same issue. If not I guess I will have to perform a factory reset or reflash the ROM.

Try it:
allow the app this Permission > Get device information > Always allow

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-09-19-33-14-491_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-19-33-14-491_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 426
Attached a adb logcat

Some of my apps such as Gmail, Twitter and even Google sometimes just freeze and crash after the lastest update for VEUXG 14.0.2.0. Am I the only one having issues with this or is there anyone else that's having the same issue. If not I guess I will have to perform a factory reset or reflash the ROM.

I have the same issue with Gmail, YouTube, Twitter and Weverse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-09-15-09-16-939_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-15-09-16-939_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: Spookie
Yes, I'm using VEUXG Rom. It seemed strange to me because the Poco X4 Pro 5G hasn't been updated to MIUI 14 in its global version, only in the EEA version.
It's a Stable Beta version. I had the same issue while Beta testing MIUI 14 EEA and reported it to Xiaomi and no response. And boom they rolled out the ROM for everyone. I just love Xiaomi

It's a Stable Beta version. I had the same issue while Beta testing MIUI 14 EEA and reported it to Xiaomi and no response. And boom they rolled out the ROM for everyone. I just love Xiaomi
I just checked and there is no stable beta version of MIUI in its global version. The last version that has come out for the global version was the V13.0.9.0.

I just checked and there is no stable beta version of MIUI in its global version. The last version that has come out for the global version was the V13.0.9.0.
Yeah it's not up on any of the websites but if you have the link you can download it straight from Xiaomi

I just installed fresh stock MIUI 14 EEA and guess what. It's also present there. Also what is your default browser?

Yeah it's not up on any of the websites but if you have the link you can download it straight from Xiaomi
Wow, Xiaomi Firmware Updater always have the latest releases, even in stable beta version. It's weird but it is what it is, i guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-09-15-42-29-188_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-15-42-29-188_com.android.chrome.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 361
I had Firefox as my default and I switched it to Chrome and now it seem that everything's fine. I will report back if it happens again

I had Firefox as my default and I switched it to Chrome and now it seem that everything's fine. I will report back if it happens again
I have Chrome as default browser and sometimes works fine, sometimes the apps crashed. The same thing may happen to you. It's annoying really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spookie
Guess who, i downgraded to V13.0.9.0 VEUXG and now my device is not certified. Before i made the mistake to update to MIUI 14 i had this version and all was fine. Now i have this problem. Any ideas? I dont have TWRP. I'm only unlock my bootloader and flashed the ROM with Fastboot.

Guess who, i downgraded to V13.0.9.0 VEUXG and now my device is not certified. Before i made the mistake to update to MIUI 14 i had this version and all was fine. Now i have this problem. Any ideas? I dont have TWRP. I'm only unlock my bootloader and flashed the ROM with Fastboot.
Sorry no idea. Did you restore from backup or install apps and settings one by one? If yes that might have to do something with it

I had the same paroblem with twitter, the other apps I don´t use. At Twitter settings, I switched on the data saving mode (under data usage), so that twitter don´t load videos automatically. Now Twitter works for me and don´t hang up.

Greets

I had the same paroblem with twitter, the other apps I don´t use. At Twitter settings, I switched on the data saving mode (under data usage), so that twitter don´t load videos automatically. Now Twitter works for me and don´t hang up.

Greets
Thanks will try! Also Xiaomi responded to me I just don't know what they mean by the message they sent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-22-05-14-576_com.miui.bugreport-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-22-05-14-576_com.miui.bugreport-edit.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 348
Sorry no idea. Did you restore from backup or install apps and settings one by one? If yes that might have to do something with it
It was a fresh install but i already solved it. You may not believe me but in that version I found that I had Magisk the first time I installed it. I had to uninstall it because Google would not certify the phone. Well, this time I installed it, I found no trace of Magisk. I had the idea to install the Magisk Manager and bam, there it was installed and I had to uninstall it again. As far as I know these ROMs don't bring that pre-installed but I noticed that someone else with the same phone happened in V13.0.7.0. Even you answered that it was because he installed TWRP. Its really strange.