Aqara Camera Can't Have Motion Detection Alarm

rizakayan

Members
Jun 7, 2017
I have xiaomi aqara gateway edition camera. It can detect motion. But in the mi home app, there is no option in the automation for push message to phone if motion detected. How can i do that?

hi, I also have your exact problem, I can not in any way to configure the alarm with the motion sensor ... in this way the cam are almost useless if not placed very close to where there are the sensors of the doors / windows or proximity .. because they will make a video that begins recording 2 seconds about before the event reported by the sensors and ends 10 sec after about ... no one knows what wrong or if it is not possible to make this setting ... thanks

salve, anche io ho il tuo esatto problema, non riesco in alcun modo a configurare l'allarme con il sensore di movimento... in questo modo le cam sono quasi inutili se non poste vicinissime a dove ci sono i sensori delle porte/finestre o di prossimità.. perchè faranno un video che comincia la registrazione 2 ssecondi circa prima dellevento segnalato dai sensori e finisce 10 sec dopo circa...nessuno sa cosa sbagliamo o se non e proprio possibile fare questo settaggio...grazie

hi, I also have your exact problem, I can not in any way to configure the alarm with the motion sensor ... in this way the cam are almost useless if not placed very close to where there are the sensors of the doors / windows or proximity .. because they will make a video that begins recording 2 seconds about before the event reported by the sensors and ends 10 sec after about ... no one knows what wrong or if it is not possible to make this setting ... thanks

salve, anche io ho il tuo esatto problema, non riesco in alcun modo a configurare l'allarme con il sensore di movimento... in questo modo le cam sono quasi inutili se non poste vicinissime a dove ci sono i sensori delle porte/finestre o di prossimità.. perchè faranno un video che comincia la registrazione 2 ssecondi circa prima dellevento segnalato dai sensori e finisce 10 sec dopo circa...nessuno sa cosa sbagliamo o se non e proprio possibile fare questo settaggio...grazie
This is software problem. Because the camera can detect motion. Software must give option if motion detected in the automation menu. And no one found a way?

I found how it works currently the motion detection ... only fuses with the sdcard inserted .. when the cam in armed mode ... find a movement begins to record video .. but does not send an alarm .. and you can not create a event that sends a message .... if it is in sleep mode it does not activate if it does not receive the wake up message which is the 6th Chinese wording between the settings of the scenes with the cam

ho trovato come funziona attualmente il motion detection... fuonziona solo con la sdcard inserita..quando la cam in modalita armed... trova un movimento comincia a registrare video..ma non manda nessun allarme..e non e possibile creare un evento che invii un messaggio....se è in sleep mode non si attiva se non riceve il messaggio di risveglio che è la 6° dicitura in cinese tra le impostazioni delle scene con la cam

I found how it works currently the motion detection ... only fuses with the sdcard inserted .. when the cam in armed mode ... find a movement begins to record video .. but does not send an alarm .. and you can not create a event that sends a message .... if it is in sleep mode it does not activate if it does not receive the wake up message which is the 6th Chinese wording between the settings of the scenes with the cam

ho trovato come funziona attualmente il motion detection... fuonziona solo con la sdcard inserita..quando la cam in modalita armed... trova un movimento comincia a registrare video..ma non manda nessun allarme..e non e possibile creare un evento che invii un messaggio....se è in sleep mode non si attiva se non riceve il messaggio di risveglio che è la 6° dicitura in cinese tra le impostazioni delle scene con la cam

So aqara cant send message to your phone? This camera has no use for me if we cant set the motion detection alarm to phone.

So aqara cant send message to your phone? This camera has no use for me if we cant set the motion detection alarm to phone.

with camera in Arm mode and with micro sd in the camera rec when detect a movement...but not sent notification.. i think because it is not enough accurate...decect movement with light or shadow...this have a use when used with human body detect movement or/and windows door sensor...

with camera in Arm mode and with micro sd in the camera rec when detect a movement...but not sent notification.. i think because it is not enough accurate...decect movement with light or shadow...this have a use when used with human body detect movement or/and windows door sensor...
I've got a Mijia 360º 720p, and the same problem. The home guard function does not work. But if any motion is detected, 1 minute video is recorded in the microSD card.
I spent several days struggling with this problem, till I found this thread.

Anyway, I have just extracted the microsd, restarted the camera, and it does not work the home guard function anyway.
Maybe it's an issue with the last firmware or the last update of the app.

Camera firmware: 3.3.6_2017111315
MI Home v5.1.7, set to region: Mainland China, language English.

I tried 3 different Xiaomi cameras and the one and only that really sends notification upon motion detection is the number 1. The camera gateway (number 3) is a total waste of money. Do yourself a favour buying the classic gateway (image 4) plus the camera number 1.
992c8078f6d774a5664f415c20cffeb2.jpg
ad590d9dac11efd3474899897c61a191.jpg
2d59cd33acc8ceca828824fbd677f09f.jpg
84bc80107e0b870b022c0859c0ec786d.jpg

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

In the app with automation you can specify notification to be sent but my problem is slightly different. The camera is not detecting any movements at all :/

In the app with automation you can specify notification to be sent but my problem is slightly different. The camera is not detecting any movements at all :/
The actual firmware does not detect any movement as an alarm device, only for intermittent video record on the SD Card.

I have the same problem. It does not alarm, it does not send notification for move detection. However 1 or 2 times i received notification. Probably a bug...

Is there a way to downgrade camera firmware?
Would it work if I pair it with body sensor?
To do that you need the Gateway, pair the sensor with the Gateway then create a scene like:

If [body motion sensor] detect movement [open camera] and send notification.

Today i bought a third camera. Without installing sd card aset a scenario "camera motion detected - >send notification" and it works perfectly. The 2previous cameras i have dont work with the same scenario. The only difference is that i had installed sd cardz on them. We must find how to downgrade the firmware!!

After firmware update it works, it sends notification in about 5-10 seconds to phone. But 12 second video can not be opened still have bugs.

Guys, I have Acara camera and external motion sensor (human body sensor). After some upgrades I'm getting notifications again but now the problem is that even if the camera is disarmed I'm still getting notifications...
In the automation, in the "if" area there is no "if armed". Is it possible to send the notifications only when the camera is really armed ?