Auto brightness off.

cyberon

Members
Jan 30, 2011
Is anyone having issues with auto brightness?
I turned it on, but it keeps turning off on my N1 with 1.9.2.

Thanks

Me too.It usually happens when I pull the notification bar

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Same problem here. Really annoying!!! :(

Made a full clean 1.9.2 install (even made an SD format).

Sent from my HTC Desire

Same here, though it also messed up my icons as in the icon backgrounds are no longer there too so it could just be a bad install on my part. Either way I'm gonna do a fresh install when its available for download for the Inc off miuiandroid.

Looks like its a known issue, xiaomi is on it, using toggle page style as a workaroud seems to work.

Cheers

Same problem for me. 1.9.2 on N1. I switched the toggles style from page to compact to see how it goes.

Not for me!
Clean and full wipe install!
Format system cache data datadata and neo 16 kernel

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

If you set automatic brightness on via the toggles, then it don't work. If you do it from the display settings menu, it will work and keep that way.. At least on my phone :)

Compacts layout fixed the issue for me on my HTC Desire... something happened good for a change :)

If you set automatic brightness on via the toggles, then it don't work. If you do it from the display settings menu, it will work and keep that way.. At least on my phone :)

That doesn't work on N1, it was the first thing i tried! :)

Works for me on my NS. I had to disable Automatic brightness via the notification toggle first, then go to display settings and enable automatic brightness. It then worked. Thanks for the tip :)

Well I did very clean install with formatting everything before install!

I have the same issue! Once you go to toggles in notification, auto brightness will be disabled "sometimes" and you will have to manually enable it again!

Hi everyone I am facing the same problem and came back with a solution....Set your toggle settings to compact view and you won't be facing this issue..

Cheers :)

I have the DHD and I have not seen the problem everyone else is describing. Perhaps its a kernel issue. Can someone with the issue install catleprod kernel and see if that solves the issue.