ax3000 stopped broadcasting SSID (firmware ver 1.4.21)

nrit321

Members
Mar 9, 2023
Hello,

I received an AX3000 ("ax3k") this past week. Following the first-boot setup wizard, I gave it a new admin password and broadcast SSID. It was working fine.

But, it stopped broadcasting the SSID after these two actions (not necessarily in this order):
(a) Enabling/disabling the "Hide Network" feature.
(b) Enabling/disabling "Wireless access controls".
(c) Updating the firmware, using the ax3k embedded website "Status" page "Check for updates" section.

I unchecked the "Hide Network" checkbox. But, the device still won't broadcast the SSID. Nor can I manually connect a device to the router. So, it appears to not even be acting as a hotspot.

After discovering the problem, I hoped to trick the router into working again several ways (repeatedly):
(a) Reboot device, via embedded website and via hard power reset.
(b) Reset device to factory settings, via embedded website and via paper clip into hole in back of device.
(c) Changing wifi settings: Setting broadcast channels manually. (Un)toggling "Smart Connect". (Un)toggling "Compatibility Mode".
(d) Switch to any one of the 3 modes -- and back. NOTE: During the course of picking the "wireless repeater" mode, the ax3k saw my other router's SSID. This implies the ax3k electronics and software are working well enough for it to act as a "client". That's good. But, either the electronics or the software don't want to reactivate it as a "hotspot".

I've been wanting to try rolling back to earlier firmware, using the ax3k embedded website's "Update manually" button. But, after selecting a local file and clicking the "Update Now" button, the website says "Couldn't verify file" on any .bin firmware that I try to flash. If anyone thinks that should work, I will gladly enumerate the filenames I've tried.

Please help!

Thanks.

nrit

Last edited:
Reactions: amtslz
Hello,

I received an AX3000 ("ax3k") this past week. Following the first-boot setup wizard, I gave it a new admin password and broadcast SSID. It was working fine.

But, it stopped broadcasting the SSID after these two actions (not necessarily in this order):
(a) Enabling/disabling the "Hide Network" feature.
(b) Enabling/disabling "Wireless access controls".
(c) Updating the firmware, using the ax3k embedded website "Status" page "Check for updates" section.

I unchecked the "Hide Network" checkbox. But, the device still won't broadcast the SSID. Nor can I manually connect a device to the router. So, it appears to not even be acting as a hotspot.

After discovering the problem, I hoped to trick the router into working again several ways (repeatedly):
(a) Reboot device, via embedded website and via hard power reset.
(b) Reset device to factory settings, via embedded website and via paper clip into hole in back of device.
(c) Changing wifi settings: Setting broadcast channels manually. (Un)toggling "Smart Connect". (Un)toggling "Compatibility Mode".
(d) Switch to any one of the 3 modes -- and back. NOTE: During the course of picking the "wireless repeater" mode, the ax3k saw my other router's SSID. This implies the ax3k electronics and software are working well enough for it to act as a "client". That's good. But, either the electronics or the software don't want to reactivate it as a "hotspot".

I've been wanting to try rolling back to earlier firmware, using the ax3k embedded website's "Update manually" button. But, after selecting a local file and clicking the "Update Now" button, the website says "Couldn't verify file" on any .bin firmware that I try to flash. If anyone thinks that should work, I will gladly enumerate the filenames I've tried.

Please help!

Thanks.

nrit
I am having the same issue. I got them last week. They were working fine during the setup. Same as you, I used the upgrade assistant to upgrade the firmwares to the latest - 1.4.21. No more 5ghz broadcast after that. I still can see 5ghz on wifi analyzer with 1% of signal strength sometimes. I guess it's the firmware issue. Any luck on downgrading the firmware? I can't remember the stock firmware version and still can't find any earlier firmwares to download.

I have the same problem as you guys... just bought a 2 pack AX3000.. updated both to the latest firmware... 1 of the units is working well.. the other loss the wifi broadcasting... any idea of a fix for this issue?

I have the same problem with a pack of 2 AX3000 routers. Xiaomi support says it is not possible to downgrade the firmware. Any other suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

There is a way to downgrade the firmware but I still couldn't find the previous firmware. Meanwhile, i put them in the store room and waiting for official firmware upgrade.

There is a way to downgrade the firmware but I still couldn't find the previous firmware. Meanwhile, i put them in the store room and waiting for official firmware upgrade.
Hi,

I am having the same issue and also want to downgrade. I have a copy of v1.3.27. How do you downgrade? I can share the file with you if you really do have a method.

I have also the same problem after upgrading to firmware v1.4.21. if got a solution please share it with me ..TQ

I'm having the same issue , it would update to 1.4.31 and the speed is capped to 92mbs , 2ghz or 5ghz.
Where can you find previous firmwares?

What is really astonishing, is that antiviruses keep flagging miwifi.com files as viruses. I have tried it on 3 computers.

If you have 1.4.31, is it possible to install 1.0.46 which is the Chinese one?

The level of support is disappointing.

I'm having the same issue , it would update to 1.4.31 and the speed is capped to 92mbs , 2ghz or 5ghz.
Where can you find previous firmwares?

What is really astonishing, is that antiviruses keep flagging miwifi.com files as viruses. I have tried it on 3 computers.

If you have 1.4.31, is it possible to install 1.0.46 which is the Chinese one?

The level of support is disappointing.