Backups with TWRP

MORKAS

Members
Jan 13, 2021
Greetings, I wanted to tell you about my little problem. On my Redmi Note 9S, I have TWRP version 3.4.1b-0530 installed. When I have gone to create a copy of the system from the TWRP, when the options appear to mark what things I want to create the copy, if I select several more than those that it brings by default, I get an error in "red", which I think is Some "mount" ... but that is not what I wanted to comment on, because I have made the copy with the default options .... and today I have gone to restore it, after reinstalling the clean ROM from scratch .. ..I have not been as I had everything on the mobile.

Let me explain, in my previous mobiles, in which I also had modified roms and with TWRP, when I created the copies from the recovery ... I checked almost all the boxes and made me an "image" of the entire system as I had it , that is, even the apps, widgets, etc .. that I had on the home screens and others, that is, I created a copy of the mobile, just as we create them on a computer with the ACRONIS program, which creates an image of the entire unit.
But .. on this phone, Redmi Note 9S .. it is not possible to do something like that ?, and if you can .. what are the correct steps so that I do not get any errors when creating the copy ... thank you very much

Hi,

you can't use TWRP like in past, beacause newest Android use Superpartition, therefore you must backup ROM like is explained here:

Recommendation, how to Backup/Restore ROM in TWRP:
- just back up Data and EFS partitions.
- when restoring, first install the ROM from ZIP and then restore the backup of Data and EFS partitions
- you will get the same phone state as after the backup

Can I restore the Data partition even when I install an older version of Android? At the moment, I have 12.0.1 RJWMIXM installed, but due to some annpying bugs, I would like to downgrade to V12.0.6.0 QJWMIXM, based on Android 10.

Can I restore the Data partition even when I install an older version of Android? At the moment, I have 12.0.1 RJWMIXM installed, but due to some annpying bugs, I would like to downgrade to V12.0.6.0 QJWMIXM, based on Android 10.
i do not think so, use titanium backup