Band 20 on MI9 8/128GB with xiaomi.eu rom?

Hi,By simply changing any rom will not change bands.As this is a limitation in the hardware and not software.This does not mean that it is not possible.Proceeding with modifying will have some risks, if you do not know what you are doing.I am currently also looking into this matter also.If you search Xiaomi add band 20 on Google you will eventually end up on XDA forums.I did not find any info for mi9 yet but for other Xiaomi models there is enough information about it.(changing NVRAM values with QPST/QXDM tool).
I need to emphasize.You will doing this on your OWN risk !!!.I am not endorsing anyone to do this.I hope this will answer your question.

Hi,By simply changing any rom will not change bands.As this is a limitation in the hardware and not software.This does not mean that it is not possible.Proceeding with modifying will have some risks, if you do not know what you are doing.I am currently also looking into this matter also.If you search Xiaomi add band 20 on Google you will eventually end up on XDA forums.I did not find any info for mi9 yet but for other Xiaomi models there is enough information about it.(changing NVRAM values with QPST/QXDM tool).
I need to emphasize.You will doing this on your OWN risk !!!.I am not endorsing anyone to do this.I hope this will answer your question.
I have checked it, and it looks like there is hardware difference between chinese and global version, so no chance to use band 20 oj chinese version

Great... So enabling band 20 should be easy... Thanks a lot... Still waiting my MI9 8gb to be shipped from mi global store on aliexpres
I do not see how this should be easy to enable... If you know an easy way, please share!

Latest update on specs of global version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190406_135232_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_20190406_135232_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 1,403
When the hardware is present you can turn it off. When it's not how to turn it on? With some magic?

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask
if you read the article you will see that at least on the device they tested... the hardware was able to use Band20 and Xiaomi switched it off with an update later. So if the hardware is the same on other Chinese devices... it could be in theory switched on.

if you read the article you will see that at least on the device they tested... the hardware was able to use Band20 and Xiaomi switched it off with an update later. So if the hardware is the same on other Chinese devices... it could be in theory switched on.
I'm not an German to read. I'm not even obligated. For sure the band 20 is one reason why there are global versions of Xiaomi mobiles

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

So guys.... I have finally received my Mi9 8/128GB... Now I need to wait 360 hours to unlock bootloader and than I will try to fond and change nvram values to unlock band 20, because as we can see, even chinese version has hardware capable of using band 20

So guys.... I have finally received my Mi9 8/128GB... Now I need to wait 360 hours to unlock bootloader and than I will try to fond and change nvram values to unlock band 20, because as we can see, even chinese version has hardware capable of using band 20
Any good news on band 20?

Just unlocked and flashed Xiaomi.eu rom today.. need to work on it... I hope somebody will crack it as soon as possible

Odoslané z MI 9 pomocou Tapatalku

Today I tried to connect with Qualcomm apps, but I cant connect to PC as qualcomm device on COM port... And even cant turn diagnostic mode on on my MI9

So guys... I am another step closer... I uave entered diag mode by adb commands... Connected to qpst... Backed up nvram... Connected to qxdm... Found lte config line, but when I click read it says item is inactive... Anybody can help me with this?
dc639bd4bd42f00b7d5025a567ae2ff0.jpg

So guys... I am another step closer... I uave entered diag mode by adb commands... Connected to qpst... Backed up nvram... Connected to qxdm... Found lte config line, but when I click read it says item is inactive... Anybody can help me with this?
dc639bd4bd42f00b7d5025a567ae2ff0.jpg

show adb commands how to enable diagnostics

show adb commands how to enable diagnostics
.\adb devices
.\adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

Now I have terminal emulator installed on my phone... Superuser allowed in magisk for it and all I need is to use

su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

And i have diag mode... Phone connected as qualcomm diag on com7

Reactions: mbc663