Battery drain on 1.7.8

L0cke

Members
Apr 25, 2011
Is anyone else getting huge battery drain on the newest version (1.7.8) ?

Device: DHD

I am down 40% in about 8 hours with no use. I have checked all the usual things. Nothing has changed in my usage or app settings since using 1.7.1. I heard on another forum that a few other DHD owners are seeing this and it could be due to the new lockscreens, but wanted to see if anyone here had seen it on their devices too?

Is anyone else getting huge battery drain on the newest version (1.7.8) ?

Device: DHD

I am down 40% in about 8 hours with no use. I have checked all the usual things. Nothing has changed in my usage or app settings since using 1.7.1. I heard on another forum that a few other DHD owners are seeing this and it could be due to the new lockscreens, but wanted to see if anyone here had seen it on their devices too?

I am getting huge battery drain on the newest version 1.7.8 but I do not use the new lockscreens...

Absolutely. MAJOR battery drain. I'm losing 4% an hour doind nothing when 2 releases ago it was only approx 1.8% every two hours.
I will give the link provided by L0cke and report back.

Did you happen to install Google+ ?
Im afraid my battery consumption is not the same since this app was installed.

I am also experiencing a fairly strong battery drain. I didn't install google+ or anything else new. I installed 1.7.8 clean, full wipe, and reinstall of all the same apps I always use fresh from market.

Nope no new apps installed. It seems this has been a problem for the last 2 releases. On the XDA forum someone mentioned that flashing the lordmod kernel solves the problem but I havent tried it.

I have however tried the link L0cke gave. My Android System in the battery meter has gone down from 60% to 29% and the battery graph shows a more gradual drain then the massive drop from before. I will leave it for the night and see if it works.

o55mar.jpg

Will be posting the other graph tomorrow as well.

Looks like the patch works. Heres the new graph:

2lm6w46.jpg

As you can see after the fix has been applied the battery drops more gradually. Currently 6% every 10 hours on standby.

And also I just realised that you can set the screen to full brightness by pressing Vol+ & Menu.

There are incorrect battery stats and the battery indicator reports incorrect information

eg MIUI reports 16% battery left, if you reboot battery indicator reports 22% battery left, also if you boot in recovery the menu reports 22%

I have cleared battery stats after charging till 0mA

The problem is definetely with the mic not switching off.

Everyonce in a while you should clear the battery stats.

Charge to 100% go to recovery and clear battery stats. Then use the phone until the battery is COMPLETELY dead. DO NOT charge or connect the device via USB after you clear the battery stats until the battery is dead. Then you can charge and use as normal.