Battery drains too fast

telmorf

Members
Dec 28, 2019
Hello
10 days ago I installed version 11.0.5 in my K20 pro, everything went well during installation and after. It's apparently all works well.
But from this new version the battery drains/discharge very fast.
Discharge 80% in 7houres with out many use, With the previous version had about 10 hours of screen playing...
I've already rebooted and reset factory default, but the problem remains.
What I can do to resolve this, what recovery version I need to install?
Or I can install another and old recovery version of MIUI for example V11.0.1.0.QFKMIXM Raphael MI 9t PRO version from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com?

Best Regards
Telmo Fernandes.

Hello
The battery runs out in very little time.
Can someone help me?

Best regards
Telmo Fernandes.

Hello
The battery runs out in very little time.
Can someone help me?

Best regards
Telmo Fernandes.
Sure we can help you, but you'll better helping yourself in finding what is draining your battery.
That's the minimum step to do because all the data are in your hands and the phone as well.

Reactions: telmorf
Hi, LOLO9393
Thanks for you response and interest to help me.
Is there a tutorial / forum that I can follow?
Since I am just a user and haven't technical knowledge.
I can point out that the phone with the MIUI 10 was okay, 2 hours playing ZDay and used up about 6% of battery.
With this new MIUI 11 the same 2houres playing ZDay uses about 33% battery.

If the xiaomi.eu family can help me to solve the problem,? Can I make a donation so that this excellent cause can continue to improve?

Telmo.

Hi, LOLO9393
Thanks for you response and interest to help me.
Is there a tutorial / forum that I can follow?
Since I am just a user and haven't technical knowledge.
I can point out that the phone with the MIUI 10 was okay, 2 hours playing ZDay and used up about 6% of battery.
With this new MIUI 11 the same 2houres playing ZDay uses about 33% battery.

If the xiaomi.eu family can help me to solve the problem,? Can I make a donation so that this excellent cause can continue to improve?

Telmo.
Difficult to trace.
Best is to check about wakelock issue and running process in background. But this needs application with root and special permission for android10.
2 issues were reported:
-Wakelock from Google location.
Solution is disabling it in settings. (just keeping GPS)
-Youtube application seeking for DRM rights in background.
Solution is to remove Youtube and use Vanced.
Summary:
Many people claiming around but not many giving feedback on their results....

Thanks LOLO9393

Already did the 2 steps.
1. Uninstaled the YouTube;
2. Switch off Location in this scree, I can't find the Google location
- I give feedback in some hours
Thanks for help!
IMG_20200123_082705.jpg

Battery continues drain to fast, I read some articles and I think it's global, after change to android10.

What I can do to resolve?

You forgot to set off:
Wlan and bluetooth scanning (this is GOOGLE network possible wakelock)
and assisted GPS.
What is the drain in standby at night?

Hi, LOLO9393
I switched off now, in this screen?
At night I don't know why I let the battery charging.
But today for example I haven't used it yet and the battery is already at 72%. Lost 28% in 4 hours.
I have all the applications to report that do not have access to the location.
IMG_20200129_130824.jpg

The problem persists after turning off all these options.
I have installed MIUI by xiaomi.eu 11.0.5, I ask if there is a new version of MIUI that solves the battery problem?
Or if I can roll back to an earlier version? with android 9. And how can I do it.

Telmo

The problem persists after turning off all these options.
I have installed MIUI by xiaomi.eu 11.0.5, I ask if there is a new version of MIUI that solves the battery problem?
Or if I can roll back to an earlier version? with android 9. And how can I do it.

Telmo
Problem is elsewhere.
You don't send many data we can check.
- Try to disable or remove youtube because sometime it launch a background process for DRM right.
- Try to reinstall this rom from CLEAN state (format data)
- Wait for new rom release. (may be 2 months to wait...)
- Or try the weekly EU rom. (no need to clean install to have it working in a row)
- If you want to try back Android 9, better you flash fastboot rom with MIFLASH for safety reason.

Reactions: telmorf and Poney70
Thanks LOLO,

"- Try to disable or remove youtube because sometime it launch a background process for DRM right."
Telmo: Uninstaled post @ Jan 23, 2020

"- Try to reinstall this rom from CLEAN state (format data)"
Telmo: Factry Reset post @ Jan 16, 2020

First I will choose your suggestion to switch to the weekly versions, in case there is no result I try the Android 9.

Already change to weekly MIUI via Installation via TWRP:

Give a feedback in feew houres

Many Thaks LOLO.

Last edited:
Thanks LOLO,

"- Try to disable or remove youtube because sometime it launch a background process for DRM right."
Telmo: Uninstaled post @ Jan 23, 2020

"- Try to reinstall this rom from CLEAN state (format data)"
Telmo: Factry Reset post @ Jan 16, 2020

First I will choose your suggestion to switch to the weekly versions, in case there is no result I try the Android 9.

Already change to weekly MIUI via Installation via TWRP:
Give a feedback in feew houres

Many Thaks LOLO.
feedback in "few" hour will not be significatif (unless case of big issue). Because a new rom needs longer than this to stabilize.

Hi,

I had try the weekly EU rom, but the drain battery problem persists.
"LOLO9393: - Or try the weekly EU rom. (no need to clean install to have it working in a row)"

I want to try do a rollback to android 9
"LOLO9393 - If you want to try back Android 9, better you flash fastboot rom with MIFLASH for safety reason."
But i need Help:
1. witch ROM i have to download?
2. link with the tutorial to updade fastboot rom with MIFLASH.

Many tanks,
Telmo.

Hi, Lolo9393
You can help me? Please.

"LOLO9393 - If you want to try back Android 9, better you flash fastboot rom with MIFLASH for safety reason."
But i need Help:
2. link with the tutorial to updade fastboot rom with MIFLASH?

MMany Thanks
Telmo

Hi, Lolo9393
You can help me? Please.

But i need Help:
2. link with the tutorial to updade fastboot rom with MIFLASH?

MMany Thanks
Telmo
A day will come and you'll be able to walk by yourself, and better with Google Search.
1)
- https://www.startpage.com/sp/search: enter: download fastboot rom for MI9t pro
- https://mifirm.net/model/raphael.ttt
Take a Global fastboot only if your phone is Global version.
2)
- https://www.startpage.com/row/search?q=updade+fastboot+rom+with+MIFLASH&l=english
Salut

1. Do you know how to connect your phone to your computer via adb? Do that and use this on your pc to disable are uninstall some bloatware. Be careful though you need to research and know each bloatware you'll disable so you know which miui features you'll disable, e.g. Disabling mi clouds would disable capability to backup on Mi clouds.

2. On developer options, look for "system tracing" and disable everything inside it. This is for developers to help them in debugging.

3. Read this, it's when you see "android system" is one of the top consumer of your battery, it explains what to do using adb.

4. If you are not using any vpn, install blokada, it's an ad blocker that uses the VPN to block sites for ads and tracing.

5. BetterBatteryStats, this for for hunting down those wakelocks.

6. On your manage apps settings search for "Facebook" and disable these 3 apps. It won't affect your Facebook app.
b0814e5ac7e2cfba5e553357a0ef0f80.jpg

I believe these are the things I've done, I know it's a lot, I think I've researched and experimented with these in span of 2 weeks. My phone can last 24 hours with 7 hours screen on time. Casual gaming, Netflix, youtube, browsing, mobile data, WiFi, bluetooth, GPS always on.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited: