Best Minimalist Miui Rom With Root And No/removable Bloat?

srk999

Members
Nov 1, 2016
What is the best minimalist MIUI ROM with root and no/removable bloat?

Installed the developer rom. It did OTA update to MIUI8. Google Play Services is crashing constantly. It didn't come with the rom for some reason. On top of that, there are loads of bloatware. All I need is a minimalist stock rom (MIUI or pure Android) without bloatware, and working Google apps.

Please help.

Xiaomi.eu is the best that you can find.

Very closed to minimal miui. Full working gapps. More battery friendly than CM based ROM.

Not the latest android version but works very well.

Just have to unlock your bootloader, install twrp and flash xiaomi. EU.

That's it.

Tchuss.
Yoh

Xiaomi.eu is the best that you can find.

Very closed to minimal miui. Full working gapps. More battery friendly than CM based ROM.

Not the latest android version but works very well.

Just have to unlock your bootloader, install twrp and flash xiaomi. EU.

That's it.

Tchuss.
Yoh
Just tried to install it few hours ago. Got error 7 in TWRP. Looked around for a while for possible solutions then gave up and installed resurrection remix. I'll most certainly install the EU rom next time I screw up my installation, because the fingerprint scanner doesn't work with the resurrection remix.

Do you have latest twrp?
I tried RR twice but battery and fingerprint sensor made me roll back to miui.

You'll find twrp here.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678

Take aqua's v8 one.

Don't forget to make a full wipe. When I flash miui stable to weekly or weekly to stable I just perform a data/dalviq wipe but from miui to CM or from CM to miui, I do a full wipe. Never had issues like that.

Good luck.

I'll give it another try before getting too comfortable with RR. As far as I remember, that's the TWRP I have: 3.0.2

What is a full wipe in TWRP? Advanced wipe, Format Data, or just the default Wipe?

Excuse me,
I dont remember exactly what to wipe.
I guess system, dalvik and cache are those I wipe, perhaps data but not sure. Don't wipe internal memory or you won't be able to install the ROM.
Wait someone else to be agree with me. I don't want you brick your phone.

Btw, when you'll be sure of what you do,
Enter twrp
Full wipe
Flash xiaomi
Reboot.
It will take quite a long time to start.

Bye

Edit: I've found this thread that tell more or less what I told you.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/weekly-to-stable.31453/

Good luck.

Yoh

Last edited:
For a clean install of MiUI after RR I think you have to wipe Cache, Dalvik, System and Data. NOT Internal memory!

For changes from Miuis weekly to stable or reverse, as far as I know, you don't have to wipe system or data... I did it that way, but I'm not really sure if this is completely correct.

Take XIAOMI.EU (or perhaps ******** ROM or Miuipro). At the moment I am using sMiUI, but it'isnt developed any more (now ********).

Last edited: