Best OS for battery saving? Newbie here..

Chube666

Members
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone.
I got my Xiaomi 2s (used but almost new) last week. Immediately upgraded to the latest official MIUI version.
Everything runs smoothly and cool.. but the battery consumption is crazy!
Even with power saving options, low brightness etc I get the same usage time as with my old Galaxy S1 (!!).

I use it mostly for watsapp, facebook, internet browsing, a few calls, no games.

So it seems I could switch to some modded MIUI version (and change kernel too?) .. which one will give me the best performance in terms of usage time?
I'm totally newbie here!

Sorry if this was asked before, i couldnt find specific thread about it.
THANKS
Andrea

Hey,

If you like Miui... then use Wiui:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-wiui-4-5-9-jb-multilanguage-v4-v5-aroma.19628/

If you like standard Android (KitKat).. use Ivans AOSP:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/aosp-4-4-kitkat-rom-aosp-by-ivan.22682/

If you want Android (KitKat) with a lot of customizing options and theming options (which is more like miui, just better :p )... Then use Mokee OS:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mokee-os-official-updated-on-daily-basis.23028/

I have experience with the AOSP and Mokee, which are far better than Miui/Wiui. Battery life is great. And when you use a quick tile setting for 2G/2G+3G switching you can easily get two days of battery life with 4 hours screen on time:)

@Chube666 .... Do not forget to use the search button, there are many threads about this topic ;)

Oh thanks, this was very helpful.
Actually themes and graphics are nice to see but not a priority (hey, i'm 37!). I guess I will try Mokee anyway.

Yeap. In my phones it is. Try it out, doesnt hurt.. you can always reactivate later if no result

Oh I will try for sure!
I would never suspect it affects the battery so much, I kept it on just because it's nice but dont really need it (I can look outside the window).

PS: I disabled the weather app, but the "sun" keeps appearing on the "desktop" near the clock.
It means the app is still somehow working in the background?
Or the sun just got stuck there?

Get yourself a new clock widget. Probably stuck. Anyway, you weather app is gone if you deactivated it..

PS: I disabled the weather app, but the "sun" keeps appearing on the "desktop" near the clock.
It means the app is still somehow working in the background?
Or the sun just got stuck there?
You can remove it by also disabling 'weather provider' in titanium backup, then you don't have to use another clock widget

Screw Miui... it is based on a 2 year old version of Android! And of course it looks like it's some Toys 'r' us phone lol.
Mokee and AOSP are based on KitKat and have a lot more possibilities.

Miui is just ............ s**t :p

Miui looks way better than normal Android tho, even apple users are jealous and less sanctimonious.

Reactions: boojay
Screw Miui... it is based on a 2 year old version of Android! And of course it looks like it's some Toys 'r' us phone lol.
Mokee and AOSP are based on KitKat and have a lot more possibilities.

Miui is just ............ s**t :p
I find your arrogance quite amazing. There are millions of people out there who use Miui (including me) and are really content with this "******" OS. And we don't miss any Kitkat "Features" because most of the improvements of newer Android Versions are already integrated. And guess what, some of us even might have tried Mokee and AOSP but always come back to Miui eventually. Hell, for us even the battery performance is more than acceptable. And if you prefer a more mature look, you find countless themes and icons in the store to avoid an embarassing babyphone style. For you, these people are just stupid Idiots, who don’t know anything, i am sure, but please keep in mind that you are not the center of the universe and that there are people with different demands. Thank you!

I find your arrogance quite amazing. There are millions of people out there who use Miui (including me) and are really content with this "******" OS. And we don't miss any Kitkat "Features" because most of the improvements of newer Android Versions are already integrated. And guess what, some of us even might have tried Mokee and AOSP but always come back to Miui eventually. Hell, for us even the battery performance is more than acceptable. And if you prefer a more mature look, you find countless themes and icons in the store to avoid an embarassing babyphone style. For you, these people are just stupid Idiots, who don’t know anything, i am sure, but please keep in mind that you are not the center of the universe and that there are people with different demands. Thank you!
<IMHO> For my daughter 12 years old and son 8 years old is MUIU the best. I say is not stupid, but a little bit (more?) childish.</IMHO>

Reactions: RobinHood00
Miui looks way better than normal Android tho, even apple users are jealous and less sanctimonious.
Hehe, of course, everybody has different taste, would be a boring world otherwise.
I do like the icons... but it's such a shame so many apps aren't compatible. Really curious about V6 though :) But there are other things I just do not like.

I remember calling Win XP the Toys 'r' us version of Windows and I've used that until Win 7 lol.
Oops I hurt somebodies feelings haha. That is fine though, but please, if you feel stepped on the toes it does not mean you have to behave like a moron. Whatever you say about me I do not really care, doesn't make sense at all. But please dont offend people on this forum. There are tons of people using Miui/Wiui and you should understand that. Instead of speaking for other persons and then calling those persons who happily use Miui/Wiui idiots. So please have some respect for other forum members including yourself lol.

Hey I didn't mean to start a fight here!
Live and let live (or..live and let die , as you like)

But since you are so kind.. where do I find a nice retarded-newbie proof guide to flash rom? FROM ZERO? ( i mean rooting, installing..everything).
I tried to look around here but I always seem to be missing something

Oops I hurt somebodies feelings haha. That is fine though, but please, if you feel stepped on the toes it does not mean you have to behave like a moron. Whatever you say about me I do not really care, doesn't make sense at all. But please dont offend people on this forum. There are tons of people using Miui/Wiui and you should understand that. Instead of speaking for other persons and then calling those persons who happily use Miui/Wiui idiots. So please have some respect for other forum members including yourself lol.
No, you didn't hurt my feelings of course. I have to apologize to you for my post which was written in a hot temper. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone and i didn't call other Miui Users Idiots, you may have misread that. While I love Miui, far be it from me to put one OS over another. Actually, Miui has also its flaws which is the reason why I switch to CM from time to time. Of course, some are smoother than others or more battery-friendly, but it all comes down to personal preferences.
Therefore I don't like statements such as "X is better than Y" or "A is great and B is useless".
It is impossible to claim that but for yourself. I appreciate this forum and all the work that is done here to provide us with very interesting Roms. You have said yourself that its all a matter of a different taste, so why the satement that "Miui is just s**t"? Miui isn't s**t and Miui isn't perfect, like any other Rom. How is it gonna help someone to say otherwise? For me, that's one-sided. Let everyone have his own way and be happy - wiht or without Miui.

@Chube666:

Have a look here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi2s-how-to-flash-custom-rom.24282/

Last edited:
No, you didn't hurt my feelings of course. I have to apologize to you for my post which was written in a hot temper. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone and i didn't call other Miui Users Idiots, you may have misread that. While I love Miui, far be it from me to put one OS over another. Actually, Miui has also its flaws which is the reason why I switch to CM from time to time. Of course, some are smoother than others or more battery-friendly, but it all comes down to personal preferences.
Therefore I don't like statements such as "X is better than Y" or "A is great and B is useless".
It is impossible to claim that but for yourself. I appreciate this forum and all the work that is done here to provide us with very interesting Roms. You have said yourself that its all a matter of a different taste, so why the satement that "Miui is just s**t"? Miui isn't s**t and Miui isn't perfect, like any other Rom. How is it gonna help someone to say otherwise? For me, that's one-sided. Let everyone have his own way and be happy - wiht or without Miui.
Haha oke, I get it hehe. And I know you didn't mean to say that about Miui users, I was just making fun of the statement in general.
My comment "Miui is.......s**t :p" just meant I think Miui is s**t, or more subtly said "It is not my kind of thing".
And just so you know, I agree with you hehe. Sometimes I just can't be serious hehe. Enjoy your phone ^^