Best Performance So Far For Redmi Note 4

smokinjoe2122

Members
Oct 3, 2012
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share some ideas on this device for best performance. I'm a stickler for frame drops and lag, and I'd rather sacrifice a little battery life for a fluid phone.

Right now, I use the 12/22 build. It seems the least problematic, and best performance. I also set the phone to "Performance Mode" and "Hide System Animations" under Battery and Performance.

Lastly, I installed 2 apps; kernel Adiutor and Greenify...My system is rooted, so this last part requires root.

I greenified a few apps that run in the background although I tell Miui that they do not have permission to do so (Instagram, Google Photos, ect)

With Kernel Adiutor, I don't mess with the core settings, but under I/O I changed the Read-ahead values to 1024 and added additonal Entropy. Changing your Scheduler to NOOP may also give you a storage speed boost ( I have not tried DEADLINE).

My device is fast and fluid and I have little to no GUI lags or stutters. Everyone's mileage will vary, but just some things I've done to tweak the performance. If anyone else has ideas they want to share, I'd be interested in their techniques!