Best ROM for mi 10 ultra?

pellaaa

Members
Oct 31, 2020
hello guys this evening i can finally unlock my mi 10 ultra bootloader... i was wondering now which version is better to install for daily usage?
20.10.15 or 20.11.5? both require to boot twrp from fastboot or just android 11? thanks

20.10.15 no doubt.

It's already buggy enough but 11 is even buggier. It seems like more and more bugs are introduced every update and none are fixed.
ok thx i could also stay on stock one if it wasnt full of Chinese bloatware!

I'm on A11 and although dual apps seem to crash, not much else dose. It's as stable as the beta A10 ROM but as it says, it is a beta
The green video on the selfie camera is back as the fix on A10 beta ROM doesn't work 9n A11. I would recommend that when you update to A11, ensure you wipe cache and dalvik while in twrp as some people have not been doing this and finding apps crashing until completed.

I'm on A11 and although dual apps seem to crash, not much else dose. It's as stable as the beta A10 ROM but as it says, it is a beta
The green video on the selfie camera is back as the fix on A10 beta ROM doesn't work 9n A11. I would recommend that when you update to A11, ensure you wipe cache and dalvik while in twrp as some people have not been doing this and finding apps crashing until completed.
mm good to hear that...i am coming from stock rom so would be a fresh install..maybe i will wait for the next a11 weekly... was wondering the twrp problem affect also mi 10 ultra? i mean i can boot only from fastboot?

twrp is ok with the 201105 version. Not sure but reading about a file manager issue, the 10 ultra is in a list of non releases until 16th, so don't be surprised if there is no release for this week. So unless you need selfie video or dual apps, then the 05 is fine. But yes, if you are coming from stock or stable to weekly, format is a must due to differences in partition tables.

Reactions: pellaaa
twrp is ok with the 201105 version. Not sure but reading about a file manager issue, the 10 ultra is in a list of non releases until 16th, so don't be surprised if there is no release for this week. So unless you need selfie video or dual apps, then the 05 is fine. But yes, if you are coming from stock or stable to weekly, format is a must due to differences in partition tables.
ooh excellent i think i will flash it later! so i can access twrp directly from phone? one last thing you know if the stock camera magisk module works with a11? i read stock is better and i would use it

I read that there may be magisk issues with A11 but not using it myself, I'm not sure, you will need to read some more on it.
If you are coming from stock and have not replaced your stock recovery with twrp, then you will need to install it from fastboot and a PC using a command prompt. Instructions and files are on the weekly download page of the forum. Not sure if you are unlocked yet but if not that will take a week (168 hours) for full Xiaomi unlock once your account is fully bonded with your phone. If you need any info, take a look at the guide I knocked up, just ignore the flashing a ROM by fastboot as the latest is a twrp ROM.

Attachments

• flashing and twrp guide.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
I read that there may be magisk issues with A11 but not using it myself, I'm not sure, you will need to read some more on it.
If you are coming from stock and have not replaced your stock recovery with twrp, then you will need to install it from fastboot and a PC using a command prompt. Instructions and files are on the weekly download page of the forum. Not sure if you are unlocked yet but if not that will take a week (168 hours) for full Xiaomi unlock once your account is fully bonded with your phone. If you need any info, take a look at the guide I knocked up, just ignore the flashing a ROM by fastboot as the latest is a twrp ROM.
yeah man no worries i am pretty good with android i ve been flashing s**t for 10 years ahah and yess i already waited the 168h timer i was just worried about the twrp bug that affect mi10 and other phones that cause bootloop if you access twrp directly from phone (after you flashed it of course) without fastboot command!

Yes, no worries. The twrp bug has not affected this one yet. It's all good to use so far. Good luck and enjoy A11.

Reactions: pellaaa

Total noob here... So you mean to say, when I download the next weekly for A11, I should wipe cache and dalvik. And do the same for every weekly update?

Also what is the process here? So I download the ROM and put it on my internal storage... Then what?

Once in your root folder or where you want it on your phone, go to twrp recovery, select install, select the .zip file and swipe to install. Once done, go to wipe and select cache and dalvik cache, NOT FORMAT or anything to do with internal storage (you may need to deselect internal storage) and swipe again. Once done, reboot to system. First boot will take longer like a fresh install does ( you have just wiped the cache) but once you see the miui and 5g, you know it's fine, and there is no reason for it not to be.

You only need to format internal storage and system, not just wipe, if you are coming from stock or stable to weekly.

flashed yesterday evening... clean install from stock rom... everything perfect!! far better than stock china rom, removed all bloatware, perfect google integration, already installed magisk and working with no problem, more features, more battery life than stock... amazing!! well done xiaomi.eu!!

I'm personally considering going to the stable release. Been on the weekly beta and I regret installing A11. Just seems a bit slower in doing everything. Might try doing cache again but so far not loving it.

I'm personally considering going to the stable release. Been on the weekly beta and I regret installing A11. Just seems a bit slower in doing everything. Might try doing cache again but so far not loving it.
you did a clean install? i used stock for a week and performance were the same but more battery drain probably due to all the Chinese Garbage running in background... i recommend to format data in twrp (FORMAT not WIPE) before installing the rom

After unlocking bootloader I went to the weekly then flashing the weekly every weekend without formatting and just wiping the cache. Is this where I'm stuffing up? Should I just format my current weekly and see how I go first before trialling the stable?

Edit: Decided to roll back to A10 version of the weekly and stick to this for a little while. Did a full data wipe so hopefully ill be happier now.

Last edited: