Better Rom for the Mi 10 Ultra now that Mi 11 Ultra is out?

Foulaan

Members
Apr 5, 2021
Hi guys,

Maybe a stupid question as I dont know how it works with these roms. The only thing I know is that I ahve a lot of issues with my Mi 10 Ultra since I replaced the Chinese Rom with the EU rom. So now that the Mi 11 Ultra is out, is it possible to use their version of their global rom to update my Mi 10 Ultra??

In case someone wonders what issues I am talking about:
- The camera shoots very low quality pictures and videos (I bought the phone just for the camera actually)
- GPS doesnt work very often
- Screen freezes often
- Sound from the speakers is veryyyy low
- Loose my 5G internet connection randomly
- Etc.

So would be nice to get a newer version out based on the stable global rom version of the mi 11 Ultra, if possible :)

No is the answer. Xiaomi will continue to produce updates for the 10ultra for a long time yet but as they are developed for each phones hardware, the 11 ultras ROM wouldn't work in 10 ultras hardware.
The issues you have are rare, there is not much noise about them and mine is absolutely great. I wonder what ROM version you are on? Is it the stable or weekly branch and when did you last update?

The EU ROM is based on the Chinese stable and weekly, so are always up to date on release. My GPS is very very accurate, my camera is superb and I came from probably the best in the p40proplus to this last year and I have no issues with the sound. So it would be good to know where you are in updates and to know all of your issues to try to be able resolve them. You could of course go back to stock Chinese ROM version if you think it's the EU version causing them but no one else seems to be complaining. Please, lets us know.

Reactions: biscoot
No is the answer. Xiaomi will continue to produce updates for the 10ultra for a long time yet but as they are developed for each phones hardware, the 11 ultras ROM wouldn't work in 10 ultras hardware.
The issues you have are rare, there is not much noise about them and mine is absolutely great. I wonder what ROM version you are on? Is it the stable or weekly branch and when did you last update?

The EU ROM is based on the Chinese stable and weekly, so are always up to date on release. My GPS is very very accurate, my camera is superb and I came from probably the best in the p40proplus to this last year and I have no issues with the sound. So it would be good to know where you are in updates and to know all of your issues to try to be able resolve them. You could of course go back to stock Chinese ROM version if you think it's the EU version causing them but no one else seems to be complaining. Please, lets us know.

Hi Mark, first of all. A very big thank you for your reply. Really appreciate it. The things you mentioned, that is why I actually bought the phone in the first place. I was super impressed with the review videos I saw.

But unfortunately, I dont have any of those benefits. Especially, the camera, that one is more or less useless. The pictures are very often quite blurry, and they are in general of very low quality (and I am coming from a P30).

But for your information, I have the Xioami.eu 12.1.1 stable version installed. If there is another version I can install (where I can still use all the google services, because that is why I replaced the chinese rom, then I am more than happy to do so). As long as I can make use of this super beautiful camera :D.

Once again, a big thank you for the help!

The latest is 12.5.1, much newer stable version available here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/ this link is from the ROM download page on the forum under 12.5
I use the weekly, still based on Chinese weekly just converted to EU same as stable. My advice is to download latest version, then check for the issues you mention and let me know. It may just be settings. I've attached a GPS screenshot 4m accuracy from inside my conservatory for info too but pics are too big to attach but I don't have any photographic issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-40-07-755_ru.slybeaver.gpsinfopremium.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-40-07-755_ru.slybeaver.gpsinfopremium.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-39-41-269_ru.slybeaver.gpsinfopremium.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-39-41-269_ru.slybeaver.gpsinfopremium.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 256
Hi Mark,

Much appreciated! I thought i had the latest because I have been clicking on 'check updates' and it said it was up to date. And to be sure, I also checked the Xiaomi.eu website but probably looked on the wrong pages. And then I found the newest package yesterday.

I downloaded the installation package. Was busy yesterday, but will try to install it today to see if there are any improvements. Thanks once agian for all the help!

It is painfully slow at times but always worth it.

Hey Mark, long time I don't talk to you, mate!! Seem that you're still enjoying the Mi10 Ultra, and most important still helping others (like you did to me)...Very nice to see how available to help you are with other users!! I just got 2 friends of mine who I "converted" to MI10 Ultra users too, and they are also very happy!!

Were you able to get 5G around Cheshire? I never had the chance to use 5G yet, unfortunately. I also realized that the battery looks to be losing performance, I'm having max 3/3,5 screen on time, what about you? I have the feeling it was better before...and now my battery jumps from 10% to 0% suddenly, so I might check for a new ROM (I'm still happily using the 20.11.18, I might get some improvements updating, will do it today).

Enjoy the weather mate, Cheshire has been blessed in the last days! Cheers!

I did get 5G in London on my last visit with the 10 Ultra and hopefully soon using my second sim on EE in much closer to home Weston super mare.
As for sot, I have not tested it for a while as I converted to the 11 Ultra but I still update my 10 weekly withe beta ROM. May be I'll test it this week with latest ROM and let you know. The 10 Ultra is still a great phone with great charging time but I bet it will affect sot over time. But great to hear from you. Stay safe my friend and I will let you know. BTY, always best to update to latest ROM.

I did get 5G in London on my last visit with the 10 Ultra and hopefully soon using my second sim on EE in much closer to home Weston super mare.
As for sot, I have not tested it for a while as I converted to the 11 Ultra but I still update my 10 weekly withe beta ROM. May be I'll test it this week with latest ROM and let you know. The 10 Ultra is still a great phone with great charging time but I bet it will affect sot over time. But great to hear from you. Stay safe my friend and I will let you know. BTY, always best to update to latest ROM.

Are you enjoying the mi 11 ultra? Would you say that it's better than the 10 ultra? I am kind of concerned with the lifespan of the battery, so I might change it too.
Take care, have a great week!!

It's a bit of a beast but charging time is slower and I'm kind of disappointed with low light photos, like a band on a stage without using flash. The 10 I'm sure is better in those sort of low light moving photos but the 11 is better on still low light pics. I think there is still room to tweak the imaging software.
It's a very stable phone even on weekly beta releases. I will stick with it until the 12 Ultra comes out later in the year or early next.

It's a bit of a beast but charging time is slower and I'm kind of disappointed with low light photos, like a band on a stage without using flash. The 10 I'm sure is better in those sort of low light moving photos but the 11 is better on still low light pics. I think there is still room to tweak the imaging software.
It's a very stable phone even on weekly beta releases. I will stick with it until the 12 Ultra comes out later in the year or early next.

Cool, I've been reading some reviews saying that the 10 is still better, that's why I'm sticking with it, but I guess we'll meet again on 12's launching lol

Reactions: Mark F