Big Upgrade: I'm On Smiui 5.3.27

enricii_10

Members
Mar 7, 2015
Hi all,

Some months ago, I decided to use sMIUI 5.3.27 because everyone said it was the best ROM. I am still using it now.
I think I followed the updates until July-August, so I know about miui 7 and I know about the repartitioning of memory and this morning I've learned about merged systems.

The point is: in these days I've been experiencing loss of battery during night and I can't understand why. So I'm thinking to upgrade to last ROMs.

My only question is: does the battery last like that on 5.3.27? It's the only feature I really need.

Thank you.

The battery life is great imo. But if your battery life suddenly decreased, the battery quality has possibly been deteriorated. I bought a new battery and upgraded and it feels like new again.

Thank you.
What can you tell me about stability of last Roms?
Do they work well?
I don't know if upgrade or not, I really like 5.3.27; I also think it won't be that immediate to upgrade on last from this, isn't it?
I mean, I can't use simply updater I think

The ROMs are all stable, as I use them for daily operations. The only point is to merge partitions, so that you will have to backup everything from your phone in order to not lose data/photos/other stuff.

Thank you.
In the official sMIUI post, someone told me I can't upgrade through MiPcSuite. Can you confirm this?

Well to be honest, I cannot confirm that. I do have lost all my data while merging, because I did not read the instructions carefully - stupid.
What works is to backup all data you want to keep, then upgrade to latest stable miui through MiPcSuite, then flash the smiui rom and then restore all data or transfer it back to the phone.

For future reference: don't upgrade. I think the older roms are more stable (especially the 4.x.x versions: better bluetooth support, good GPS, good battery life). <5.4.x versions were OK: worse bluetooth, good GPS, OK battery life. Newest versions: worse bluetooth, malfunctioning GPS, double tap bug, stuttering music playback but good battery life.

For future reference: don't upgrade. I think the older roms are more stable (especially the 4.x.x versions: better bluetooth support, good GPS, good battery life). <5.4.x versions were OK: worse bluetooth, good GPS, OK battery life. Newest versions: worse bluetooth, malfunctioning GPS, double tap bug, stuttering music playback but good battery life.

Do you think they're better now?