New Black homescreen/lockscreen wallpaper after updating to 12.5.2 stable (lmi/lmipro)

Ogloppi

Members
Jan 18, 2021
As per what the title says, my homescreen and lockscreen wallpaper is now constantly black. If I try to change it from Gallery or Themes app, the wallpaper will stay black no matter what wallpaper I choose.
Last time wallpapers worked was in my previous MIUI version: 12.2.3 stable.

I have not rooted this device.
Device model is Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition.

Edit 11.5.2021:
I was able to resolve this.
First, I installed back all the apps that I had removed (with adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 packagename) while my phone version was on 12.2.3. You can find all the apps that were in uninstalled state from the attachment.
Second, I reinstalled 12.5.2 with the Updater app.

Now my lockscreen and homescreen have pictures and I'm able to select any picture I want.
After applying the update, I disabled (instead of uninstalling them) the same apps that I had previously uninstalled and everything works fine.
So this serves as a note and/or lesson to everybody: Be carefull when you uninstall apps with adb commands.

To mods: This issue is now resolved in my opinion.

Attachments

• Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition_[Deleted]_preset.txt
    1,005 bytes · Views: 496
Last edited:
As per what the title says, my homescreen and lockscreen wallpaper is now constantly black. If I try to change it from Gallery or Themes app, the wallpaper will stay black no matter what wallpaper I choose.
Last time wallpapers worked was in my previous MIUI version: 12.2.3 stable.

I have not rooted this device.
Device model is Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition.

Edit 11.5.2021:
I was able to resolve this.
First, I installed back all the apps that I had removed (with adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 packagename) while my phone version was on 12.2.3. You can find all the apps that were in uninstalled state from the attachment.
Second, I reinstalled 12.5.2 with the Updater app.

Now my lockscreen and homescreen have pictures and I'm able to select any picture I want.
After applying the update, I disabled (instead of uninstalling them) the same apps that I had previously uninstalled and everything works fine.
So this serves as a note and/or lesson to everybody: Be carefull when you uninstall apps with adb commands.

To mods: This issue is now resolved in my opinion.

Hi! I have the same problem on my MI 11 with 12.5.5 xiaomi.eu ROM. Can you tell mey how can i fix it, step by step? This is my first time flashing phones... Thanks man!