New Bluetooth (and Mi Band Issues)

celalalt

Members
Oct 8, 2015
I have a Redmi Note 2 and a Mi Band Pulse, plus I use some Bluetooth headphones (sometime some cheap Chinese Bluedio ones, most of the time Urbanista Boston) also sometimes Bluetooth FM transmitter (BE-06 or something like that). Also, I'm using the weekly developer builds. Since months, problems are this way:
- phone randomly disconnects from Bluetooth headphones. Sometimes is once per 30-60 minutes, sometimes is once every 2-5 minutes. This is extremely annoying while driving or running/cycling. It seems to disconnect more when Mi Band is around, although I am not 100% sure about that. After disconnecting, I cannot connect back to my headphones without turning Bluetooth off and on again and also it takes about 30s until I can turn Bluetooth on after I disabled it. In older versions of the ROM, it would also crash and restart, now it just does not connect (although, by some miracle, in one or two versions it would connect automatically the the headphones). Turning headphones off and on again does not help.
- Mi Band unlocks the phone about 50% of the times (although it should unlock it every time) and also does not vibrate on notification in all cases. Sometimes Mi Fit cannot get the data from the band and I need to turn Bluetooth off and on again

Now, if I switch to Stable ROM, would any of those problems be fixed? Do you have any other ideas (what ROM/which versions) on how to make Mi Band and bluetooth headphones to work all the time with my Redmin Note 2? Also, any idea if it's hardware or software problem? I might consider to buy another phone and sell this one, if I am stupid enough to buy another Xiaomi (such as Mi5, for example), do they also have this Bluetooth problem?

I fail to understand why developing the drivers/software for the bluetooth module is so challenging, except that there is something really wrong hardware-wise. This way, MiBand is mostly useless and using headphones is really frustrating.

Reactions: David Bruun
i'm 100% sure the common bt chip/hardware/soc/whatever doesnt support two connections in the same time and the devs are tricking it with a workaround which isnt perffect yet.

My wife have 6.2.18 and works fine.
Used to update every week but due to problems with the latest releases , I downgrade to this version .
I will wait for the reports of the last 6.4.7 and then upgrade

Yesterday I have downgraded modem to version v24.p37. For now, BT works fine with him. I recommend make this to all, who have problems.

Hello everybody,

if phone is out of reach and there was a call or message, will MI BAND remind me on this when I come back to the phone?

Yesterday I have downgraded modem to version v24.p37. For now, BT works fine with him. I recommend make this to all, who have problems.
Could you write "howto"? Thanks. I'll try to change the modem because loosing connection and notification of mi band is at least annoying.
Ok. I have now P37 modem. I will check how it works with mi band.

Last edited:
Do we need to downgrade anytime a new ROM is installed?

I tried the 7.4 developer ROM for a few days and Bluetooth is a bit more stable. Still it misses some MiBand notifications, but not all and headphones sometimes disconnect, not so often as before, but they re-connect back without needing to restart BT.

I flashed this modem p37 and from yesterday I have stable connection with mi band. If I will have any problem I will write here about it. Till now thank you for help.

After second night connection with mi band was lost. I had to turn off and on bluetooth to get connection.

Reactions: malyga
Does anyone try MI-band on 6.4.7? Are there any issues? I want to buy a MI-band, but I'm not sure if it will work properly.

6.4.7 is more stable, but still I lose bluetooth sometimes (half of those times the headphone reconnect back, half of the time i need to restart BT). I haven't flashed the old modem though. MiBand experience is still bad, it unlocks phone less than half of the time and fails sometimes to vibrate on notifications.

I can confirm same experience on rn2 with dev roms. I have been upgrading once a month on newer roms with almost same experience on each of them.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk