Bluetooth And Wifi Issues On Redmi Note 2

Hirokami

Members
Jan 27, 2016
HI! I recently received a Xiaomi Mi Band 1S. It's some day by now that I try to make it works fine on my RedMi Note 2. I write here because I think that it's RedMi doesn't working right. Indeed device randomly loose BT connection with band and I have to turn off and turn on again BT to establish connection again.
About wifi I've find that signal is very weak and sometimes loose connection randomly. At home it's least usable, instead of at my university there is no way to have a stable connection, so there is a powerful connection but for me it totally useless.
I hope someone can help me in some way. I love Xiaomi device and system, so I'm very frustrated for this problem.

[EDIT]: I'm on MIUI 7 weekly 6.1.21 developer :)

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270
HI! I recently received a Xiaomi Mi Band 1S. It's some day by now that I try to make it works fine on my RedMi Note 2. I write here because I think that it's RedMi doesn't working right. Indeed device randomly loose BT connection with band and I have to turn off and turn on again BT to establish connection again.
About wifi I've find that signal is very weak and sometimes loose connection randomly. At home it's least usable, instead of at my university there is no way to have a stable connection, so there is a powerful connection but for me it totally useless.
I hope someone can help me in some way. I love Xiaomi device and system, so I'm very frustrated for this problem.

Hello, you take a step back, that uses ROM? I Redmi Notes 2, Wi-Fi is great, and I also have no problem with Mi Band 1s

Hello, you take a step back, that uses ROM? I Redmi Notes 2, Wi-Fi is great, and I also have no problem with Mi Band 1s
Sorry I forgot to write ROM I'm using. I'm on MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu weekly 6.1.21 developer. What ROM version are you using? Thank you ;)

Sorry I forgot to write ROM I'm using. I'm on MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu weekly 6.1.21 developer. What ROM version are you using? Thank you ;)

Idem, always weekly, now 6.01.21.
Have you tried with a wipe Cache and wipe Dalvik, maybe after work. My has no problems

Idem, always weekly, now 6.01.21.
Have you tried with a wipe Cache and wipe Dalvik, maybe after work. My has no problems
Before wiping you suggest me to unpair mi band, delete Bluetooth app data, and forget all WiFi connection?

Reactions: Stefano131270
I've done wiping of cache but I can't find a voice "Wipe Dalvik Cache" in recovery mod. Have "Wipe Cach" wiped also dalvik?

I never found WiFi problems on any ROM but BT some weekly ROMs i have the same issues. BT restarts when paired with headphones from time to time and sometimes have to force a restart to pair with miband. Again, some ROMs where beter than others but problem persists.

Redmi Note 2 Prime, 6.1.21, Portuguese

Reactions: Hirokami
I never found WiFi problems on any ROM but BT some weekly ROMs i have the same issues. BT restarts when paired with headphones from time to time and sometimes have to force a restart to pair with miband. Again, some ROMs where beter than others but problem persists.

Redmi Note 2 Prime, 6.1.21, Portuguese
It's very annoying issue... I can't trust in band both for notification and alarms... This cancel the smart of this band :/

All my headset has problems now MIUI 7.1.2.0, my qy7, qy8, bluadio +, MI band 1S my car stereo lose regularly connection, phone is less than 1 meter from the headsets...most of the time it's on my upper arm...I use MIUI 7.1.2.0 global, stable... I have two phones both Redmi Note 2 Prime ... both with the same problem, so the problem must be in the phone / MIUI, I even removed my temp.glass backside cover, and my QI charger to see if it solved the problem, but no... everything is cross-tested on my old sony z1 compact with broken screen, minus the MI band 1S ... and on the Sony all the peripherals works without any problems, easy, stable and fast pairing... all I'm saying is I can not flash my phone every time there is a small problem, I expect that we will be taken seriously, that they take more care of the real problems and that Xiaomi just constantly extinguish the fire, with new models, competitions and other chitchat ...I use my phone 24-7-365 private, on the work, fitness, tracking...so I need it to work...

Reactions: clydde and Hirokami
All my headset has problems now MIUI 7.1.2.0, my qy7, qy8, bluadio +, MI band 1S my car stereo lose regularly connection, phone is less than 1 meter from the headsets...most of the time it's on my upper arm...I use MIUI 7.1.2.0 global, stable... I have two phones both Redmi Note 2 Prime ... both with the same problem, so the problem must be in the phone / MIUI, I even removed my temp.glass backside cover, and my QI charger to see if it solved the problem, but no... everything is cross-tested on my old sony z1 compact with broken screen, minus the MI band 1S ... and on the Sony all the peripherals works without any problems, easy, stable and fast pairing... all I'm saying is I can not flash my phone every time there is a small problem, I expect that we will be taken seriously, that they take more care of the real problems and that Xiaomi just constantly extinguish the fire, with new models, competitions and other chitchat ...I use my phone 24-7-365 private, on the work, fitness, tracking...so I need it to work...
I always use smartphone like you so yes, it's frustrating we can not always trust on it. I've done Wipe cache, unpairing and pairing again, uninstall application but nothing work regularly.

Reactions: clydde and leo123
I have the same problem, I can receive files but couldn't send any. What is wrong with the rom ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Now i tried not to access any Bluetooth units, for 24 hours, BT turned on...and then I tried to pair a BT unit, first the Headset...ther pairing worked, how ever after 10 min. of music the phone drops the connection...then I tried to pair my MI band 1S, no joy, didn't work, tried to clear the memory...tried again...nothing, the phone couldn't see my MI band 1S.
Restarted the Phone...and now it was enabled to find the MI band 1S...and the headset...waited for 12 hours tried again...
MI Band can't connect...
My guess are "some kind of memory/buffer overload in the BT modul" I never ever seen a problem like this i any other phone...could be a build error in the hardware... I really hope this is getting solved...I on the edge of selling my phone...
And Stefano131270 please don't say this is not a Issue...This is so big a problem that I losing faith in the Xiaomi product...
I NEVER EVER owned a phone where you needed to "wipe Cache and wipe Dalvik" all the time...only if you were working with a DEV ROM...but I only use Stable Global ROM's...and I been using smartphones of the last 7 years....http://xiaomi.eu/community/members/stefano131270.130143/

I have not the same problemm. But bluetooth is not works for me too.

I'm using every developers weekly builds since 15.12.3 and I always have glitches in my bluetooth headphones.
It's not much annoying when I'm watching movies but listen to music is very painfully.

My RN2 seems to experience similar problems. Since using ROMs younger than ~ 5.12.14 I always have the problem with BT malfunction. It would turn "off" by itself and would not let me switch it on again. I always had to restart. At least it didn't turn off by itself when being in use, but I don't use it constantly for longer time periods like streaming music and stuff.

Right now I'm using stable sMiUI 7.0.8.0 and it didn't occur anymore. I will not use any newer ROM since this bug hasn't been solved.

yup same with me, i was transferring files via bluetooth suddenly my wifi connection was gone, i tried to reconnect but failed.
i looked the wifi setting and my wifi modem icon suddenly disapeared.

but when i stop the bluetooth transfer my wifi is normal again.

please master ingbrzy would you fix this bug.

i'm using 6.1.21 rom

Same problem here loses connection between phone and headset and needs to close and reopen the phone's bt to Fix it

Last edited:
Same problem, but for me sometimes when I switch off BT and try to turn it on again, it does not turn on and firmware crashes/phone restarts. I am on Developer ROM customized with sMIUI. I lost my Mi Band 1 week ago and BT does not lose connection so often, but sometimes it does (once per day or so) and phone restarts.

I'm using 6.1.21 ROM. I got the Mi Band mid December, but before that I did no experience many Bluetooth errors and I was updating almost every week

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk