Boot animation

frofa

Members
Mar 31, 2017
Is there anybody here who hasn't yet installed the EU ROM and could kindly extract the original MI 9T pro "raphael" boot animation from root/system/media/bootanimation.zip. I hate the "Redmi" boot animation of the EU ROM (that we unfortunately "inherit" from the Chinese ROM), and would like to replace it with the correct international "Mi" animation that my device had before I flashed the EU ROM.
YES, I know that it's the same device, and I possibly should just be happy with what I have, but as a matter of fact I'm not :)

I still have the Mi 9T Pro Global ROM. In 2 days I will be able to unlock it. Tell me how to extract bootanimation.zip before installing EU ROM. Can this be done from TWRP?

I still have the Mi 9T Pro Global ROM. In 2 days I will be able to unlock it. Tell me how to extract bootanimation.zip before installing EU ROM. Can this be done from TWRP?

If you're root, don't even need TWRP. Using Solid Explorer (or any other file manager that can see the whole file structure including /root) you can simply copy the file root/system/media/bootanimation.zip to any other folder on your "internal memory", and from there paste it here in the forum.
There is also a file manager in TWRP which you can use, but that shouldn't be necessary. If you have any questions, please let me know, I'll be happy to help!

For the moment, my phone is still blocked (so no root, no TWRP).
But I was able to extract the system files from the original Global ROM zip. You can find entire media folder (including bootanimation.zip) here.
Hope this helps!

PERFECT, THANKS A LOT! I used your file to replace the one from the EU ROM, and it works perfectly. Great!

So, now I'm on EU ROM V11.0.2.0.QFKCNXM_v11-10. I suppose I need root access in order to replace bootanimation.zip - right?
Is there a solution to replace the "Phone model" from the Redmi K20 Pro to Mi 9T Pro?

So, now I'm on EU ROM V11.0.2.0.QFKCNXM_v11-10. I suppose I need root access in order to replace bootanimation.zip - right?
Is there a solution to replace the "Phone model" from the Redmi K20 Pro to Mi 9T Pro?

Yes, you'll need root and TWRP.
Replacing the phone model should be possible by editing the build.prop file in /system, but I haven't tried it yet. You'll need root for that, too.

But I was able to extract the system files from the original Global ROM zip. You can find entire media folder (including bootanimation.zip) here.
Is it possible, by any chance to install the bootanimation on the MI 9T/davinci? Or is it incompatible?

Please tell me how to replace the bootanimation file.I have root on phone but don't let me to change file.Thanks

Please tell me how to replace the bootanimation file.I have root on phone but don't let me to change file.Thanks
The easiest way to do it is to use the file manager in TWRP. Boot into TWRP, and first mount system r/w. Go to the file manager and rename the existing file in /system/media to bootanimation_original.zip (or whatever you like). Then copy the wanted bootanimation.zip into this folder. Give it 644 permission (or 755, that is also fine), and finally reboot.
This does NOT change the boot splash screen, but you can also change this by flashing the appropriate zip in TWRP.