bootloop twrp install rom!

Meuhmeuh2005

Members
Jun 17, 2018
Hello,

I have a problem with my mi 10 (umi).
i unlock my bootloader, install twrp version 3402b.1206.
reboot twrp.
wipe data.
flasher rom xiaomi.eu 20.12.29.
reboot rom.

impossible to restart the system,.
another twrp was installed instead, bootloop fastboot.
I have installed TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333).
but impossible to access data, and OTG.

I am blocked.

I had to reinstall with miflash rom stable miui.

can help me with a tutorial to install this rom?
stable twrp?

thank you

Hello,

You have to "Format Data" (in "Wipe" menu -> "Format Data" button), I guess you just wipe /data and it's not enough. ;)

EDIT: If you want to use TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 in recents ROMs here, DO NOT USE "FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG" BUT "FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG" ONLY.

:)

Last edited:
Hello,

You have to "Format Data" (in "Wipe" menu -> "Format Data" button), I guess you just wipe /data and it's not enough. ;)

EDIT: If you want to use TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 in recents ROMs here, DO NOT USE "FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG" BUT "FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG" ONLY.

:)

Thank you for your response.

I did well wipe data and cache, before installing the rom. on the 1st try, I was able to install the rom, but when booting on the xiaomi.eu rom, it started on another twrp.

which twrp is more stable, 3.4.2B-1206 or TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) ??

thank you

same problem here... now running the official rom... but wanting to install xiaomi eu again... if someone could give me a little help in form of a tutorial, i would appreciate it

Hi guys so to install the latest ROM on MI 10 umi : you need to boot 3.4.2B-1206 but not install it. Because it breaks the system boot and would boot only to bootloader.

Situation is : 3.4.2B-1206 can decrypt data but break system boot.
Also be careful : for it to decrypt you'll have to not use fingerprint nor pin code. (you just disable it everytime you wanna go to TWRP, for updating for example).
3.4.0 Little Turtle is OK with booting system but don't have data decryption. Some people use it without problem and install EU rom updates with USB OTG Key
Steps:
  • Unlock phone
  • Go to fastboot
  • Plug the phone to computer and open up a command prompt where adb and fastboot.exe are
  • Have the TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 available
  • Enter in command line
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp3.4.2B-1206
  • Booting it take approximately 60+ sec
  • Auto decrypt if no fingerprint and no pin (remove temporary).
  • (first time xiaomi EU rom? Format data. Not wipe, FORMAT. Of course move back the rom from PC to phone storage)
  • Install EU rom (who contains TWRP little turtle) and reboot (no additional wipe needed)
  • First boot time is very very long. Go take a coffee.
  • If by mistake your phone stick to fastboot because you flashed 3.4.2B-1206 just reflash little turtle's TWRP

Last edited:
thank you very much :)
will give that a trie
btw, dont we have to wipe the system or something before flashing the xiaomi eu rom?
can i straight flash it without wipping? because one of my problems is that if i wipe it, it will erase the rom from the phone's storage, and i wont have the rom file since it doesnt let me transfer the rom to it afterwards

will give that a trie
btw, dont we have to wipe the system or something before flashing the xiaomi eu rom?
can i straight flash it without wipping? because one of my problems is that if i wipe it, it will erase the rom from the phone's storage, and i wont have the rom file since it doesnt let me transfer the rom to it afterwards
NEVER wipe /system partition, it's written in installation's instructions.
After formatting data, simply reboot to TWRP ("Reboot" menu in TWRP > "Recovery") to be able to transfer files. ;)

so i have to flash twrp little turtle before following sxHeavy's instructions right?
Depends on your current ROM version. If it's Official ROM version, you can flash TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 without issue. ;)

Flashing xiaomi.eu ROM will repace the TWRP version to LittleTurtle one. :)

hm, i have an official one at the moment, but there lies the problem, i've already flashed twrp but i cant find a way to transfer the rom file to the phone afterwards, i've tried everything, otg, mounting, sideloading, but nothing seems to work

hm, i have an official one at the moment, but there lies the problem, i've already flashed twrp but i cant find a way to transfer the rom file to the phone afterwards, i've tried everything, otg, mounting, sideloading, but nothing seems to work
You flashed TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 or Little Turtle?
TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 should not have this issue. :)

will give that a trie
Please read again instruction.......

so i have to flash twrp little turtle before following sxHeavy's instructions right?
Depends on your current ROM version. If it's Official ROM version, you can flash TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 without issue. ;)

Flashing xiaomi.eu ROM will repace the TWRP version to LittleTurtle one. :)
Useless to flash 3.4.2B-1206.
Again read instructions. Not less not more

same, unable to access storage after installing twrp
God. Don't flash 3.4.2B-1206 nor little turtle. I've said it little turtle doesn't decrypt /data

Fastboot boot 3.4.2B-1206
(with fingerprint and pin cod disabled (pattern or scheme OK))

NEVER wipe /system partition, it's written in installation's instructions.
After formatting data, simply reboot to TWRP ("Reboot" menu in TWRP > "Recovery") to be able to transfer files. ;)
Hi, my device (Umi) auto reboot to Xiaomi Recovery instead of reboot to TWRP after formatting the data. Does I need to tick the "Disable replace TWRP" in 3.4.2B-1206 TWRP?

I'm on stable eu 12.0.8 installed.
Can I install latest stable update without losing data and without other bugs? Or do you still raccomend to stay on 12.0.8?