Bricked My Mi5 - Only Qualcomm Hs_usb Mode Detected !!!

manohar

Members
Jun 6, 2013
Hi friends, since today my phone is bricked.
I cant get into recovery/fastboot mode. No LED even when i connect it to charging.

My phone gets detected on MiFlash and i have successfully flashed the developer ROM but even then my Phone refuses to boot. What could be the problem ? i tried almost all the Guides on Internet. i dont know what happened. I had ResurrectionRemix 7.1.1. till yesterday working without any problem. Today all of a sudden i am facing this issue. i wanted to flash Brand Kernel but i just downloaded and didnt flash it. after that this horrible experience of HardBrick.

Anyone help me pls what can be done / i am on Windows 7 64bit and i tried on only one laptop. As i said earlier, i have no problem in flashing latest global developer ROM(Fastboot ROM) using MiFlash. but it doesnt reboot, no LED, no Recovery no Fastboot. i am quite irritated with this. such an issue i never had with any other Android phone(HTC Desire, Samsung galaxy SII, Xiaomi Mi2S), but now with Mi5...

Am i Unlucky ? have i turned my new Mi5 into a costly Paperweight ? i bought it on geekbuying during special Offer... just an info...

I am waiting for an helping hand... pls help me friends....

didnt help buddy... i flashed the global dev ROM successfully, but after that no matter how long i keep it for charging or keep it connected into Laptop, it doesnt boot up. i dont know what to do... i am clueless...

2-3 minutes ? nothing happens... same as black screen.
Any other idea ?

Last edited:
didnt help buddy... i flashed the global dev ROM successfully, but after that no matter how long i keep it for charging or keep it connected into Laptop, it doesnt boot up. i dont know what to do... i am clueless...

Did you try the first url that iamme729
replied you? You talk about global dev but in that link it says you must flash latest china dev. Be also sure that you have miflash beta that is linked there, otherwise it won't work.

Try to follow those instructions and see if something happens.

Reactions: iamme729
I didn't use miflash beta and I used global dev Rom. My bad.
Now in miflash beta, my phone doesn't get detected... but it appears as hs_usb 9008 in device manager....
What to do ? Strange.... should I try miflash beta and China dev fastboot Rom?

will try today when i go home. right now in Office. Thanks for your helping Hand. Will let you know. Should i return the Device if this way also doesnt help ? Is it possible really a Hardbrick on Snapdragon 820 ? i dont think so... what is your experience on this ? have you reviewed your dead Mi5 back to life ? i want to have some confidence in me before i try different things and give up.

Thankd in Advance.

Hi, in MiFlash Beta, Mi5 is not getting detected... what to do ? i have installed all the qualcomm usb drivers...

i just followed the above steps as it is... i waited for 45 minutes conected to laptop... even then no signs of life for my mi5.
i think i am going to return it to geekbuying... thaks for the help guys

This phone is total junk IMO ,after reading so many ppl got their mi5 bricked . just had a redmi note 3 and that was so much better.

Anyway I had same experience . phone not responding at all , I just had one Driver show up in PC when I connected phone and alot ppl said it's edl mode . what I did , I flashed so many global and dev but none helped in the the end i flashed 7.2.4 2016.12 global stable ROM if I remember correctly ,
After that phone didn't boot up again , I connected phone to charger then hold 3 button together ( volume up + down + power ) about 1 min and boom !! Phone booted successfully. BTW I was on dirty unicorn nougat ROM and it happened without I touch anything . hope it help u .

Sry for wall of text I'm on phone

Reactions: iamme729
Unplug phone from laptop. Press and hold simultaneosly for few minutes Power and Vol Down buttons until appeared Fastboot mode (bunny image). Plug again the phone to laptop, open on C - adb the Comand Prompt type fastboot reboot, the phone will reboot on android. Good luck!