Bricked my Note 9S

dinemuatta

Members
Apr 10, 2021
Hi all!

I used the xiaomitool from here
now my phone is bricked.
I only get into Fastboot but i'm a noob so please help me step by step

edit: i'm a sysadmin but i'm a noob when it comes to smartphones so i used this tool. i have a laptop and everything, just please give me step by step instructions as i am not experienced with this stuff

Last edited:
Hi all!

I used the xiaomitool from here
now my phone is bricked.
I only get into Fastboot but i'm a noob so please help me step by step

edit: i'm a sysadmin but i'm a noob when it comes to smartphones so i used this tool. i have a laptop and everything, just please give me step by step instructions as i am not experienced with this stuff
Sad to hear about your issue
What were you trying to achieve?

Reactions: dinemuatta
i wanted to flash a custom rom, now i am happy if i can flash the original rom

is there no chance to fix it so i have to throw it away?

i wanted to flash a custom rom, now i am happy if i can flash the original rom

is there no chance to fix it so i have to throw it away?
To flash custom rom you need to have unlocked bootloader.
And I don't know if xiaomitoolv2 can be used to flash custom roms.
Download original stock rom and flash using miflash tool

For original rom
If your bootloader is locked you need to install EXACT same variant that came with your device

If unlocked bootloader...then it is easier, just install any stock rom for your device... whether Global or India rom

ok i am too stupid to use this xiaomi flash tool. it says "couldnt find flash script" when i unzipped the rom and choose the unzipped rom folder

ok i am too stupid to use this xiaomi flash tool. it says "couldnt find flash script" when i unzipped the rom and choose the unzipped rom folder
Make sure the folder you select is the root folder containing "flash_all.bat" and not the parent folders of the extacted archive.

Note that you have to sometimes extract the .tar.gz
Then extract the .gz to get the rom folder.

Finally, extract to a path with short names
Example
C:/rom

Reactions: dinemuatta
i downloaded a new rom and it had all the flash files. thank you geoorg if you ever come to austria, come by for a beer or two :D

• Love
Reactions: geoorg
yes everythings fine thank you and as i said when you're around sometimes (i know its not just the next street) write here or a pm and i will get email notification, then come by for some beers :D

To flash custom rom you need to have unlocked bootloader.
And I don't know if xiaomitoolv2 can be used to flash custom roms.
Download original stock rom and flash using miflash tool

For original rom
If your bootloader is locked you need to install EXACT same variant that came with your device

If unlocked bootloader...then it is easier, just install any stock rom for your device... whether Global or India rom

Hello friend geoorg,

My friend's redmi note 9s is in similar state, currently stuck in a bootloop
Bootloader e locked so I'm trying to flash with MiFlash20181115 all the variants I can find but always get
error:FAILED (remote: Erase is not allowed in Lock State)

Do you think if I actually come across the EXACT same variant will this error desapear??

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hello friend geoorg,

My friend's redmi note 9s is in similar state, currently stuck in a bootloop
Bootloader e locked so I'm trying to flash with MiFlash20181115 all the variants I can find but always get
error:FAILED (remote: Erase is not allowed in Lock State)

Do you think if I actually come across the EXACT same variant will this error desapear??

Many thanks
What ROM are you trying to flash?

You should install a fastboot rom for your device.
What rom version were u on previously?

You should install a fastboot rom for your device.
What rom version were u on previously?
That's the thing, I don't know..
The phone is of a friend and she doesn't have a clue.

Should I keep trying all the ROM (fastboot only)? Cause when I'm flashing it seams it's trying to erase and even when i found the same variant it will try to erase again and will give back the error don't you think?

if someone does not applied Mi account how to unbrick xiaomi device ?even we want to pay it sais find my phone is on
really give a way to unbrick my phone