Bringing Back FM Radio

jackthiago

Members
Jan 23, 2021
Hello, I was asking myself if it is possible to bring back FM RADIO on a MI 9
I rembember when almost every android phone has it back in the days. Why there is not anymore? is there a way to use it?

Hello, I was asking myself if it is possible to bring back FM RADIO on a MI 9
I rembember when almost every android phone has it back in the days. Why there is not anymore? is there a way to use it?
No. FM radio requires SoC support, a receiver module and antenna. Mi 9 only has the first one, so it cannot be used to listen to FM radio.
The technology is considered ancient, and thus not inline with the spirit of Mi series to embrace the future.

Reactions: Adnan008
No. FM radio requires SoC support, a receiver module and antenna. Mi 9 only has the first one, so it cannot be used to listen to FM radio.
The technology is considered ancient, and thus not inline with the spirit of Mi series to embrace the future.
My newer mi 10t lite has it though lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-28-11-37-05-619_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-28-11-37-05-619_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 616
Sorry for my English, but I deleted FM radio from my device (Poco X3Pro), and now wanna to restore it. Is it possible? I found this app in settings, but…it will turn off. Can someone help me?

Sorry for my English, but I deleted FM radio from my device (Poco X3Pro), and now wanna to restore it. Is it possible? I found this app in settings, but…it will turn off. Can someone help me?
If you are using xiaomi.eu, just dirty flash the same rom version again (install in twrp / fastboot without wiping anything) and stock apps should be back without any data loss, if you're rooted, you need to do this again.