Resolved Bubbles feature working improperly

TED68

Members
Oct 4, 2020
I'm running 20.12.10 weekly on the Poco F2 pro and finally bubbles are working but somehow it is gray covered and can't touch when expanded. Have you guys got same issue?

Thanks.
31d8d1d4dc700472e06f345c1fae3df5.jpg

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

I have the exact same issue on my POCO F2 Pro and this weekly version.

Seems to have glitched out during the "bubble tutorial phase". Stuck on a greyed out layout now and can't interact with it.

I might add that the issue was not present on the official EU ROM (V12.2.1.0.RJKEUXM). Used to work perfectly fine.

Only happened when I switched to xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: TED68
I didn't mention it but I saw someone else with the same issue on Weekly 20.12.10 with a Mi 9T

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might add that the issue was not present on the official EU ROM (V12.2.1.0.RJKEUXM). Used to work perfectly fine.

Only happened when I switched to xiaomi.eu ROM.
Can't reproduce it on Mi 10 Weekly 20.12.10, so not sure how I can help here.

Can't reproduce it on Mi 10 Weekly 20.12.10, so not sure how I can help here.

That's sad to hear. Chat bubbles were my most awaited feature on Android 11 by far, I just loved the look and better handling than MIUI floating windows...

I know you can't reproduce the bug on your specific device, but this is a problem that is only seen on Xiaomi.eu ROM, there must be something that conflicts with Android 11...
From the very low number of answers, I suppose that this is a problem that will never be fixed due to the low amount of people encountering it :/

Well I can always hope future updates will fix this problem by itself

(I even tried reinstalling the ROM via the Updater, the problem persist)

That's sad to hear. Chat bubbles were my most awaited feature on Android 11 by far, I just loved the look and better handling than MIUI floating windows...

I know you can't reproduce the bug on your specific device, but this is a problem that is only seen on Xiaomi.eu ROM, there must be something that conflicts with Android 11...
From the very low number of answers, I suppose that this is a problem that will never be fixed due to the low amount of people encountering it :/

Well I can always hope future updates will fix this problem by itself

(I even tried reinstalling the ROM via the Updater, the problem persist)
Well we use China ROM as the base for our ROMs, so have you tried the official China ROM of the same version?

Well we use China ROM as the base for our ROMs, so have you tried the official China ROM of the same version?

I finally managed to test the chinese ROM on a friend's poco f2 pro (didn't want to wipe data on mine again), and the issue did not show. However, he had the problem after installing 20.12.9.

I also confirm the issue is still present on 20.12.29 (12.5)

Same problem on mi10 stable 12.2.7. The floating window for bubbles conversation does not fit the screen well, the keyboard overlays ... Unusable

This is still happening on Mi9 20.12.28

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_212719.jpg
    IMG_20210101_212719.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 228
Issue solved.

Replace wallpaper with SuperWallpaper.

Oh, it does work with super wallpaper applied!

This would be a temporary workaround while devs eventually fixes the issue I suppose.

I don't really want to stick with these wallpapers for my part. But thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Reactions: TED68 and grimarkz
So now that we know what caused the problem (custom wallpapers), will this be fixed in some next beta or do we have to wait for an official fix (since I now see it there for some reason)?

I can generate logs if needed it.

Last edited:
On the Poco F2 Pro it has been resolved with 21.1.6 weekly

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Note regarding Bubbles on Redmi Note 8:
As we mentioned in our changelog - Redmi Note 8 didn't get MIUI 12.5 yet - it's expected to be released in mid-to-late January. (The version indicated in Settings/Updater apps is irrelevant), so the code on that device is slightly outdated compared to other Android 11 devices, and the bubbles were not fixed there. You'll have to wait for actual MIUI 12.5 to be released for it.

Reactions: dexterv
Note regarding Bubbles on Redmi Note 8:
As we mentioned in our changelog - Redmi Note 8 didn't get MIUI 12.5 yet - it's expected to be released in mid-to-late January. (The version indicated in Settings/Updater apps is irrelevant), so the code on that device is slightly outdated compared to other Android 11 devices, and the bubbles were not fixed there. You'll have to wait for actual MIUI 12.5 to be released for it.
Thank you for the clarification!

How do you activate chat bubbles ?
I can't seams to find the option.
Thanks
It's an Android 11 feature, currently available on Weeklies only if I remember correctly.
When you receive a notification from certain apps (like Telegram), when you expand that notification, you'll see an icon on bottom-right corner to open a bubble.

Reactions: lafaire
It's an Android 11 feature, currently available on Weeklies only if I remember correctly.
When you receive a notification from certain apps (like Telegram), when you expand that notification, you'll see an icon on bottom-right corner to open a bubble.
Thanks.
I don't find the bubble setting tho ... Like on this page : https://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-chat-bubbles-android-11
Also, when I open a bubble, the badge still says that I got unred message. I have to open main app windows to make the message read.
I'm on last weekly raphael.

Thanks.
I don't find the bubble setting tho ... Like on this page : https://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-chat-bubbles-android-11
MIUI is not stock Android, so showing me screenshots of stock Android 11 doesn't make much sense.
As far as I know, there is no Bubbles setting in MIUI yet, Bubbles were only recently added to MIUI Android 11 ROMs.

Thanks.
Also, when I open a bubble, the badge still says that I got unred message. I have to open main app windows to make the message read.
I'm on last weekly raphael.
Yes, only means that either Xiaomi's or the app's implementation is wrong.

Reactions: lafaire