New Bug / Problem with video recording

AndroidShooter

Members
Nov 16, 2023
Hi guys and girls!
I recently bought a used Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro phone, mostly because of the large sensor of the main camera (1/1.33").
I need this phone for mobile film making and for shooting videos in general.

The problem is this: When I enter Pro Mode for shooting video on the Xiaomi camera, and when I manually adjust all the necessary settings (ISO, Shutter Speed, White balance), the exposure still changes if I pan the camera from light to dark (makes the dark areas even darker!). This drop in brightness should not occur with manual exposure. Any fluctuations in exposure are unacceptable, given that every setting is manually set to a fixed value.

This problem occurs not only with the factory Xiaomi camera app, but also when I am using other video shooting apps such as mcpro24fps and MotionCam Pro, which suggests to me that the problem is not with the apps themselves, but is in the phone's firmware and/or OS.

My question is: has anyone noticed this problem with their Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro before, and has anyone managed to solve the problem somehow?
For example, if I change my phone's ROM to some alternative custom ROM, would that help?
If you think changing the ROM is the right thing to do, then please recommend me some alternative ROM that supports 10-bit video recording, because I shoot video in 10 bit, using the app mcpro24fps.

Also, is there any way to contact Xiaomi and to inform them about this problem? Maybe they can fix it via update.

I am currently running:
Android 12
MIUI Global 14.0.1

Thanks in advance!

You can switch, but as far as I know, the ROM developers don't modify the low level image processing.

You can switch, but as far as I know, the ROM developers don't modify the low level image processing.
I see... so I will have to contact the manufacturer at Xiaomi. I bet they will totally reply to my e-mails, LoL.
Somebody told me that I need to gain root access and then turn off Dynamic Tone Mapping.