Build In Download Manager Gets Qualified As Trojan

reppy67

Members
Apr 4, 2016
I ran the malwarebytes app on my device and it recognized the build-in "download manager"as being a trojan.
What is your explanation for this????
My phone is a xiaomi redmi note2 premium
running xiaomi.eu 5.10.16/beta

Just doesn't know Xunlei service... Anyway, update your device..

~Tapatalk Mi4c~

is root neccesary to update to new rom?
I really have no idea how to root and/or update

is root neccesary to update to new rom?
I really have no idea how to root and/or update

It is really no problem to update rom. Look here:

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-3-31.30858/

First install TWRP and after this install (using TWRP) weekly or stable rom. Weekly rom is rooted, stable rom is not rooted (but rootable).

Hint: after installing TWRP and every time before updating rom, changing system, ... backup your system with TWRP. So you will be able to recover your system if update fails. This prevents loosing data.

Reactions: Stefano131270
I am sure it is easy for you,but for me is totally new and scary.
where for example do I copy the rom-download to,in my phone?
how can I make backup with twrp?
should I do the update through updater app will this automaticaly start twrp?

thank you in advance

I am sure it is easy for you,but for me is totally new and scary.
where for example do I copy the rom-download to,in my phone?
how can I make backup with twrp?
should I do the update through updater app will this automaticaly start twrp?

thank you in advance

Please have a look to first post of link I have posted in last answer. There you can find information like this:

"Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install TWRP zip via Updater app or Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD"

1. So open updater app, menue, install from sd card, and navigate to downloaded zip of TWRP.
2. After successful installing TWRP go to updater app, menue, and boot into recovery to backup phone. Once in TWRP, it is self explaining.
3. Do step 1. with downloaded zip of rom (or install it via TWRP).

Important : Nobody can give you guarantee - you do all with own risk!

Please have a look to first post of link I have posted in last answer. There you can find information like this:

"Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install TWRP zip via Updater app or Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD"

1. So open updater app, menue, install from sd card, and navigate to downloaded zip of TWRP.
2. After successful installing TWRP go to updater app, menue, and boot into recovery to backup phone. Once in TWRP, it is self explaining.
3. Do step 1. with downloaded zip of rom (or install it via TWRP).

Important : Nobody can give you guarantee - you do all with own risk!

when I try to install TWRP.zip I get a message saying something like "twrp.zip file is corrupted".

Hello, looking for guides such as this.
If you install TWRP, you've done it all!
Is not difficult, calm and studied well before
http://homeandroidapk.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-root-and-flash-twrp-recovery.html
Yes - * I * know this and I would act as you wrote, if I would be in his situation ! (I did it in the past to learn basics - I spent lot of hours/days/weeks with reading)
But I think he is not interested in reading threads and collecting information.... (hope I am wrong with this)

Reactions: Stefano131270
Yes - I know this and I would act as you wrote, if I would be in his situation ! (I did it in the past to learn basics - I spent lot of hours/days/weeks with reading)
But I think he is not interested in reading threads and collecting information.... (hope I am wrong with this)
Yes, but without TWRP we can change ROM

Yes - * I * know this and I would act as you wrote, if I would be in his situation ! (I did it in the past to learn basics - I spent lot of hours/days/weeks with reading)

I am intrested in reading,but it is all abracadabra to me.
I am not a native english speaker and many forum members are not,so messages and tutorials are not always easy to read and understand.
In addition,people give different or incomplete instruction and this is also confusing

But ,I am thankfull for any attempt to help me

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael_K