Camera App crashing if changing Video Quality settings

ProtxchPRDE

Members
Jun 6, 2020
When going into the camera app, the whole app freezes when changing the video quality setting to 4k30. Most other photo modes work fine but the camera app takes a couple seconds to do it. Also the screen flash when taking a photo is gone now. When I used the screen recorder to record the freezing it force aborted.

P.S: It also freezes when not using the screen recorder

Mi 9T @ 20.6.4

I've now tried both English US and UK both still let the app freezes. I have to delete app app data to get it working again

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9T mit Tapatalk

In 20.6.4, your phone has been "rebranded" from Redmi K20 (China device name) to Xiaomi Mi 9T (Global device name), I think that's why you got this little bug. ;)

In 20.6.4, your phone has been "rebranded" from Redmi K20 (China device name) to Xiaomi Mi 9T (Global device name), I think that's why you got this little bug. ;)
Maybe, but I've also had this bug in the previous update. Exactly the same

New problem that is possibly associated with this. Google Fotos won't let me playback my newer videos and Instagram plays back everything a 100% fine but posting is where the problems begin. People have hinted that it could be a codec problem. Switching to H265 is not a solution for me as may of my video editors have it as a paid add-on

Because of this Problem I would have to revert 2 versions before everything happened

After clean flashing to the latest version everything works again. The camera app is a bit slow when switching to 4k30 and when starting everything looks like 9T again