New Camera app don't remember latest setup when called from "A" button (and other bugs)

stetor

Members
Oct 21, 2018
Hi Dev Team :)

I would post a bunch of little but annoying bug that appeared from the first version of MIUI 12.
The testing device is the MI 9 with latest weekly MIUI 12.

NB: i've programmed the "A" button to launch the camera app with a long press

bug list :
1) if i log press the "A" button with the lock screen, the camera app don't start the first time but if i press the power button after the "A" button then the camera start. Obviously this don't happen when the phone is already unlocked
2) if i start the camera app from the "A" button, doesn't remember the last setup (for example, i select the 48MP but every time start with the standard resolution). The camera app work well remembering the latest setup if i start it from the icon app)

#########SOLVED##########
3) the setup for the normal press of "A" button (assistant wake up) now includes only the google assistant ... i don't remember in the MIUI 11 (used only one day) but for sure in the MIUI 10 i was able to setup the "A" button for other assistant like Alexa
------------ post edit -------------
ok, this one it's not a bug and i've found how now work ... you can't change the assistant in the setup of the "A" button but you can set the prefered assistant in the general setup of the miui so you can use Alexa or other when you push the "A" button
#########################

in the end a request for the wish list :)
- why the "A" button is so restrictive to start the APP ? Only few app are selectable from the interface ... it's possibile change this behaviour to select from all the app installed (ex. another camera app and not the standard app) ?

thank you for your good work on the EU MIUI !

Last edited: