Camera Focus problem Mi2s 16GB

coolVariable

Members
Aug 5, 2014
Just received a (previously used) Mi2s.
Phone seems fine, except the camera focus does not seem to work at all.
Tried all the different settings for the focus (auto, standard, macro, ...) - this does absolutely NOTHING.
Phone is up to date with the latest auto-update for Miui.

This focus problem is also evident in other apps, e.g. google goggles and barcode readers.
Because of the lack of focus, it is impossible to read barcodes.

Any suggestions how I can find out whether this is a hardware or software problem?

The phone was probably opened up by previous user.
Open it up and fix the position of the rubber cap on camera module.
It has to stay on the camera module while closing the phone.
It will work

It will work

olle - I have exactly the same focussing problem with my Mi2s. I noticed the camera struggling to find a sharp focus for some months (I had to stab the crosshairs several times before it focussed accurately), but I recently replaced the screen and since then it is impossible focus. I looked inside the back cover and could see no 'rubber cap' around the camera. Do you mean I have to unscrew the whole inside panel (as I did for screen replacement) and find the rubber cap where the camera module is attached to the circuit board?

Any help would be very much appreciated because it's very frustrating having an unusable camera.

Hola
I have the same problem, replaced the wrecked screen without any problem, but the camera focus now don't work. Someone have a solution?

It will work[/quote]
Grazie mille, ho risolto il problema

It will work
Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I love my Xiaomi, I changed the screen and the camera stoped focusing untill your answer, you are a Genius, Thank you!!!