Camera framerate

davfiala

Members
Aug 20, 2013
According the specs, Mi2S 32GB camera suppose to have 30fps framerate. But actually it has only 22.27fps. Where is the problem? In media profile is everything set to 30fps.

Thanks.

same problem here mine never got over 25fps regardless of what rom i use.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

We have to wait for a kernel to be able to recompile the camera driver to allow faster preview framerates. It's capped at 10-25fps for normal video since China is PAL format I'm guessing.

the camera framerate are 22.25 in MIUI and cm 10.2 by Cofface. There are not difference on my Mi2S. :(

The hardware at the moment is programmed to average between 10-25fps. This is why 22.25 shows as the framerate. The sensor supports 1080p/60fps on a hardware layer. Maybe when M1cha finishes his [greatly needed] kernel the camera driver can be replaced. The Xperia Z CM 10.2 rom supports shutter speed control for instance. Same camera hardware. Btw, I highly doubt Xiaomi cares to fix this issue.

The hardware at the moment is programmed to average between 10-25fps. This is why 22.25 shows as the framerate. The sensor supports 1080p/60fps on a hardware layer. Maybe when M1cha finishes his [greatly needed] kernel the camera driver can be replaced. The Xperia Z CM 10.2 rom supports shutter speed control for instance. Same camera hardware. Btw, I highly doubt Xiaomi cares to fix this issue.
Thanks for the comprehensive info.

There are chances that this bug is gonna be resolved with the advent of V6 on February??
Thanks

I would instead.
They'll have to build new camera libraries for 4.4 and that would be the occasion to make it work right.
Consider that mi3 uses the exact same imx135+lens of mi2s 32gb