New Camera not scanning QR codes

Moij124

Members
Dec 18, 2018
I find recently my Mi Max3 did not scan QR codes with scanner, scanning line is moving up and down, but no code. Distance to QR or way QR is presented had no effect, tested from paper and from PC screen.
On camera settings "Scan QR codes" is turned on.
Scanner app had access permissions enabled to camera and to storage.
Android 9 PKQ1.181007.001, MIUI is 10.3.1 .0 (PEDMIXM).
Is it bug or I missed some other settings on camera?

I find recently my Mi Max3 did not scan QR codes with scanner, scanning line is moving up and down, but no code. Distance to QR or way QR is presented had no effect, tested from paper and from PC screen.
On camera settings "Scan QR codes" is turned on.
Scanner app had access permissions enabled to camera and to storage.
Android 9 PKQ1.181007.001, MIUI is 10.3.1 .0 (PEDMIXM).
Is it bug or I missed some other settings on camera?
Try to delete the data of the app.

I delete data of scanner, this had no effect.
I had also other QR capable apps (2 pc.) beside Scanner, this apps also did not work, so problem must be in camera or system.

I delete data of scanner, this had no effect.
I had also other QR capable apps (2 pc.) beside Scanner, this apps also did not work, so problem must be in camera or system.
Try this:
Go to TWRP,WIPE,Advanced Wipe,"DALVIK CACHE" and "CACHE",SWIPE TO WIPE,Reboot system
After that, say me if the scanner app work fine.

Yes i had other QR apps, they also not scan QR code.
I had Android 9 PKQ1.181007.001, MIUI 10.3.1 .0 (PEDMIXM), as I understand official Xiaomi.

I had Android 9 PKQ1.181007.001, MIUI 10.3.1 .0 (PEDMIXM), as I understand official Xiaomi.
I have a solution :
Go to your setting, Apps management, unistall update of app scanner.

After that, go to https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaom...lease/mi-scanner-10-6-1-android-apk-download/ ,download the apk and install it.
After that, say me if your app scanner work fine.

I uninstalled scanner updates, installed scanner from link but no help, still QR codes not read.
But initial scanner was version 10.6.1 as also new scanner from link.

This is very strange.
I begin to think changes what I had made in settings recently.
I closed Google Service Framework mobile data some time ago, when I enabled mobile data for it, scanner begin to work. When I close mobile data for Google Service Framework again, scanner still reads QR codes. Unfortunately I not tested scanner QR today before I enabled Google Service Framework mobile data, there where some app updates installed between yesterday tests and today test, but no system updates.

Last edited: