Camera quality compared with Mi5?

lordvader

Members
Jun 4, 2019
Hey all,
Not sure of this is the best place to ask this, but my partner has an Mi5 (with a xiaomi.eu ROM, of course), but it's getting a bit old, and not totally reliable.
She LOVES the camera on it, and won't change phones unless it had a great camera. We also grabbed the Mi5 for a bit of a bargain, so in terms of budget, we're looking at the Mi8 Lite.

So ... I guess how does the camera quality compare on the Mi8 lite to the older Mi5?

Happy to take recommendations on other xiaomi phones in a similar price range too :)

Hey all,
Not sure of this is the best place to ask this, but my partner has an Mi5 (with a xiaomi.eu ROM, of course), but it's getting a bit old, and not totally reliable.
She LOVES the camera on it, and won't change phones unless it had a great camera. We also grabbed the Mi5 for a bit of a bargain, so in terms of budget, we're looking at the Mi8 Lite.

So ... I guess how does the camera quality compare on the Mi8 lite to the older Mi5?

Happy to take recommendations on other xiaomi phones in a similar price range too :)
Hi there, I just came from the Mi5s and find that there is not much of an upgrade camera wise. I find it much slower and from within an app like WhatsApp I notice that pictures are almost qlways out of focus. You do need to click the screen to get it in focus where before I never needed to do so. The Mi5s was always spot-on. Also I notice the constant "searching" for focus while taking photos and the weird banding effect while I tried 50hz and 60hz that do nothing. Perhaps stuff needs to be sorted software wise but that would be strange this late. But... If you would take your time taking "staged" pictures and playing around with the settings you can achieve great results!! And higher resolution (of course) but it laggs terrible if you want to take pictures of e.g. passing cars. 9 out 10 are way off frame. I advice you to buy (with return option) or rent one? and test it out before even considering this "upgrade" it's going to be a faster working phone so that's no brainer and perhaps some updates can improve the camera handling.
3dbe76e483909061dae31e7ac2fcf419.jpg
0c54f6df33c1e9d5a4b798023c93a476.jpg
9ec089d870020b7e378ff38c28ea85d6.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback:)
She uses it mainly to take snaps of our kids, so the snappy mi5 camera suits really well.

Maybe we'll pause for a bit, and hope the price on the mi8 comes down a bit more (and skip the mi8 lite for now).