Can i change device model in rom files before flashing it ?

MaDMaxibo

Members
Apr 15, 2014
can i change change device model in the rom files before flashing it ? anyone can help "where to find the Model Name ?

i think i should change:
build.prop
default.prop
prop.default
system.prop

right ?

1. Why do you think we would disclose that info to you?
2. Posting 3 times in a row is a good way to get banned. Don't repeat it.

1. Why do you think we would disclose that info to you?
2. Posting 3 times in a row is a good way to get banned. Don't repeat it.

is it secret ?
i did deal with some rom porting issue some years ago and i did make some working port roms. i believe i can do it again. but the systems are changed a little bit. i was looking for ASSAYYED_KITCHEN or some other kitchen application. find Xiaomi Flashable Firmware Creator in another page.
anyway i could find a faster and better way with your tips.

and sorry for the flood, no one replied my topic so i had to :)

is it secret ?
i did deal with some rom porting issue some years ago and i did make some working port roms. i believe i can do it again. but the systems are changed a little bit. i was looking for ASSAYYED_KITCHEN or some other kitchen application. find Xiaomi Flashable Firmware Creator in another page.
anyway i could find a faster and better way with your tips.

and sorry for the flood, no one replied my topic so i had to :)
Of course it's a secret. Our work is already being stolen by Russians, we have no interest in helping anyone use our hard work in "their" ROMs without our permission.

Reactions: Alan098765
Of course it's a secret. Our work is already being stolen by Russians, we have no interest in helping anyone use our hard work in "their" ROMs without our permission.
of course u dont have to help but u r already helping thousands of people here :) u arent paid for this releases rihgt ?
do u know a way to change build.prop ? android 10 !

Mount system in TWRP, connect to ADB and write this command:
Code:
sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=NEWNAME/' /system/system/build.prop
(Replace NEWNAME with the desired device name)

Mount system in TWRP, connect to ADB and write this command:
Code:
sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=NEWNAME/' /system/system/build.prop
(Replace NEWNAME with the desired device name)

'sed' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

should it be 'set' ?

should it be 'set' ?
No. It shouldn't be 'set'... It's 'sed' (stream editor)...
You forgot to access "adb shell" first.

No. It shouldn't be 'set'... It's 'sed' (stream editor)...
You forgot to access "adb shell" first.
i can do other things like pull build.pro file.. but still sed is not recognized...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd /adb

C:\adb>sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/build.prop

C:\adb>adb shell
~ # [6nsed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/buil
d.prop
sed: can't create temp file '/system/system/build.prop76Cylh': No such file or directory
~ # [6n

i can do other things like pull build.pro file.. but still sed is not recognized...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd /adb

C:\adb>sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/build.prop

C:\adb>adb shell
~ # [6nsed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/buil
d.prop
sed: can't create temp file '/system/system/build.prop76Cylh': No such file or directory
~ # [6n
What is '[6nsed'?

Also, TWRP already has full root access...

What is '[6nsed'?

Also, TWRP already has full root access...
I have tried without and with 'adb shell' command. When I enter adb shell ' it appears like that '

adb shell
~ # [6n

Then I pasted : sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/buil
d.prop

Didn't work again.

I have tried without and with 'adb shell' command. When I enter adb shell ' it appears like that '

adb shell
~ # [6n

Then I pasted : sed -i 's/\(ro\.product\.system\.model\)=.*/\1=Mi9Lite/' /system/system/buil
d.prop

Didn't work again.
Don't know what your problem is, it works fine for me, I use it often.