Can I update MIUI.EU from the update app?

Niccolò

Members
Jul 14, 2021
Hi, I'm on MIUI.eu 12.2.3 and I'd like to update to MIUI 12.5.2 for Poco F2 Pro. Since this is my only and principal deivce, I'd prefer to not format and update normally. I want to ask if I can download MIUI 12.5.2 and just update from the app with "select the package"

JiaiJ

Members
Jun 11, 2020
Your post is unclear, are you saying you want to switch from Xiaomi.eu to a global/regional ROM ? (You only used .eu once in the message)

- If you switch the ROM, format is mostly mandatory

- If you are talking about installing the latest stable .eu, yes, you can use the app, but it will reboot to TWRP and do the same as a manual install anyway. You don't need to format when updating a stable .eu release (a backup is always welcome)

Last edited:
Reactions: Niccolò

Niccolò

Members
Jul 14, 2021
Your post is unclear, are you saying you want to switch from Xiaomi.eu to a global/regional ROM ? (You only used .eu once in the message)

- If you switch the ROM, format is mostly mandatory

- If you are talking about installing the latest stable .eu, you, you can use the app, but it will reboot to TWRP and do the same as a manual install anyway. You don't need to format when updating a stable .eu release (a backup is always welcome)
Oh, very sorry. I intended MIUI.eu 12.2.3 to MIUI.eu 12.5.2. I already have a recent TWRP backup. So do you confirm that I can update MIUI.eu without formatting? As I said that is my principal device and I do not have any others so I wanna be secure. Thank you so much!