Can not enter Recovery mode.. Problem!!!

Transistor1

Members
May 3, 2019
Hi all!!!
1st post here.. :)
I had previously installed mokee ( based on MarshMallow - Android 6.0 ) custom rom at my phone ( Mi4c model ) with TWRP version 3.1.1.0 and unlocked bootloader.
i had an option to update to mokee( based on Oreo 8.1 ), but i was getting Error 7 during the installation, so i searched for another ROM and i found this one here MIUI eu 10.1 ( based on Nougat ).. So i decided to install it, as it was saying that the bootloader will remain UNTOUCHED.. I also installed Magisk..
Then 2 things happened when i installed MIUI eu 10.1 with Magisk..

1. Bootloader is now locked
2. I can not enter recovery mode ( when i try Mi Logo appears for a couple seconds and then phone shuts down ) I can only boot to system..

Is there a solution to boot to recovery mode again and to unlock bootloader?
Can i install TWRP again ( with locked bootloader ) but as root? I dont want to brick my phone, so if anyone can suggest something i would be very thankful!!

This ROM by the way is by far, superior to the mokee one!!!
My phone got a new life with this rom..
Great work of you guys!!!!

Thanks for any advice!!!

Thanks for your answer, my friend..
Is it possible to unlock it via the unlock tool the official way?
I read somewhere, that this method will work ONLY at official roms ( which in case of Mi4c, is only the Chinese rom ) cause this phone produced only for China market.. ( I think that MIUI eu considers as a custom rom )

And why bootloader was locked in first place?
It says that installation will not affect it!!
With a locked bootloader and non recovery mode existence, i have half of my phone, unfortunately.

Take a look at my thread here … https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-8-2-6-12-22-upgrade-to-miui-10-8-7-26.45388/ … its not the same situation as yours but you will see what happens to the bootloader locking...
You should be able to unlock your bootloader via official unlock tool... assuming you have already gotten permission to unlock since you are running customs ROMS...
I have never heard officially why Xiaomi EU re-locks the bootloader... but my assumption is that Xiaomi has a bootloader locking policy and it has to carry over to the Xiaomi EU ROMS as well...you only need to unlock it ONE time after installing EU ROM ….
Also if you are changing versions I.E. Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo you need to flash the correct version of TWRP for each version ...

Thanks again!!!
Unfortunately i don't even have a Xiaomi account ,cause as i said i bought the phone with Mokee rom installed.
I 'll create an account hopefully to be able to unlock my phone..
If not i ll stick to the version i have now..
It solved one major problem by the way.. I can now cast my phone's screen to my TV, which i could not do with mokee rom.

I also like the UI and the smoothness my phone has..
Do you think that i would have a problem, if an update applies? Do you suggest to update my rom?
I think that i must be very careful with updates as recovery isn't working..

Are you on a weekly build or stable ? Either way OTA shouldn't be any problem....

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

I 'm on latest MIUI 10.1, stable for Mi4c..

10.2 and greater, don't have my device listed..

I think the development for Mi4c has stopped, so there is a possibility that i have the latest version..
But..
Is it possible to update without working recovery?
I think recovery manages partitions etc, during installation but maybe i m wrong..

I 'm on latest MIUI 10.1, stable for Mi4c..

10.2 and greater, don't have my device listed..

I think the development for Mi4c has stopped, so there is a possibility that i have the latest version..
But..
Is it possible to update without working recovery?
I think recovery manages partitions etc, during installation but maybe i m wrong..
Correct, you will need a custom recovery like Twrp to flash a rom.

Reactions: iamme729