Can you remove stock apps?

JuJigsaw

Members
Dec 8, 2011
I've installed this ROM because of it's butterysmoothness and also because of the possibility of better battery life. It's working well but there are some stock apps which keep running in the background (MIUI Stats, Talk, MITalk, Updater) which I don't want or need. I'm using Mobo to kill them regularly but I'd still like max out on battery life on my HTC DHD. So the question is whether it's possible to remove some of the stock apps and how?

Download ES file explorer from Market. Open up the app, click menu setting, toggle on root access and mount system. Go back to the menu; where you see all your folder. On right top corner you'll see a bar with icons, click the one that has a settings icon, once you click on that icon you will see a little android icon (on the same bar) right next to that you will have an icon that has 4 tiny squares then select system apps. Now there long click on the app willing to uninstall, a menu will pop up, click uninstall.
Thanks me if this help you :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Or, since you are rooted, use Titanium Backup. Open it. Tap "all apps" or filter to "system apps". Find app. Long tap. Remove.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Tried both methods but neither worked. Phone is rooted and ES and Titanium have root access. ES method seemed fine right up to the point where I tapped "delete" when it stated"delete unsuccesful". Titanium method allowed me to delete but said it needed to reboot twice. On first reboot it stuck on the dreaded Android exclamation page. I rebooted but apps still there........any more idea?

Try systemapk manager and freeze the apps you don't need.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Freezing apps is fine, but doesn't free up any space. Try ROM Toolbox by JRummy. This allows removal of system apps.

I have never had to reboot twice with titanium...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk