"cannot Connect To The Camera Error" In My Xiaomi Mi 5s

julenm20

Members
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,
Last december 21th I received my Xiaomi Mi 5S and everything worked well until 1 week later. On December 28th I was deleting my media files (photos and videos) from the 'Mi Account > Mi Cloud > Storage' settings option and suddenly (when there were no data in the device) the camera began to fail giving the following message: 'Camera error: Cannot access to the camera'.

I've read a lot of forums a I've done the following:
- Reboot the device => this does not work for me
- Remove the data and the cache from applications setting option and reboot my device => this does not work for me
- Re-install the MIUI from factory => this does not work for me
- Change from spanish to english and reboot => This does not work for me.
- I've installed other camera apps but only the front camera works => This does not work for me.

The phone is buyed in Gearbest and the MIUI version is: 'MIUI Global 8.0 | Estable 8.0.10.0 (MAGCNDH). The phone is a Xiaomi Mi 5s with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB for storage. The android version is 6.0.1 MX8H8T.

I asked for unlock my bootloader and I unlocked it on January 1st. Then I installed the 4 available roms in this order:
- Global official
- Global miui.eu
- China / English
- Developer

I tried to reset the camera in all of them resulting in the same error: Cannot connect to the camera.

Now it has the Global offical ROM and I am managing the warranty with Gearbest because of I think it is a hardware failure.
If someone thinks that it still could be is a software issue I am open to advice (I have not yet closed the ticket with gearbest to send the mobile back)

Thanks in advanced,

Same here. Did you find any solution or have you sent it back? Currently fighting with the Gearbest support.

Hi,
Last december 21th I received my Xiaomi Mi 5S and everything worked well until 1 week later. On December 28th I was deleting my media files (photos and videos) from the 'Mi Account > Mi Cloud > Storage' settings option and suddenly (when there were no data in the device) the camera began to fail giving the following message: 'Camera error: Cannot access to the camera'.

I've read a lot of forums a I've done the following:
- Reboot the device => this does not work for me
- Remove the data and the cache from applications setting option and reboot my device => this does not work for me
- Re-install the MIUI from factory => this does not work for me
- Change from spanish to english and reboot => This does not work for me.
- I've installed other camera apps but only the front camera works => This does not work for me.

The phone is buyed in ******* and the MIUI version is: 'MIUI Global 8.0 | Estable 8.0.10.0 (MAGCNDH). The phone is a Xiaomi Mi 5s with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB for storage. The android version is 6.0.1 MX8H8T.

I asked for unlock my bootloader and I unlocked it on January 1st. Then I installed the 4 available roms in this order:
- Global official
- Global miui.eu
- China / English
- Developer

I tried to reset the camera in all of them resulting in the same error: Cannot connect to the camera.

Now it has the Global offical ROM and I am managing the warranty with ******* because of I think it is a hardware failure.
If someone thinks that it still could be is a software issue I am open to advice (I have not yet closed the ticket with ******* to send the mobile back)

Thanks in advanced,

8.0.10.0 is a fake rom. Try to reset all to original status, installiing the last rom from xiaomi oficial with miflash

8.0.10.0 is a fake rom. Try to reset all to original status, installiing the last rom from xiaomi oficial with miflash
As you can read in his message he has tryed it already.
I had this camera error after upgrading to 7.6.15 (nougat rom), so maybe my phone is fake xiaomi device. I can not check it now with 'Mi Verification' apk because I have no camera.

No, it's not.

EDIT:
sorry, I missed "Global"
Global 8.0 | Estable 8.0.10.0 (MAGCNDH) is clearly a fake while a China 8.0.10.0 (MAGCNDH) exists.

I decide to open my device and the problem was the conector was not connected correctly. I have pressed on the conector only, now it works fine.
It was probably a fall to the ground.

Hi all,
apologize not to answer before. I had to send back the phone and now I have a Mi6 and very happy with it. It looks like there isn't solution for this issue.
Greetings