Cannot download apps on Play Store without WiFi

ZoXoR

Members
May 22, 2013
Hi,

If I browse the Play Store, using my mobile data network, then the Play Store always asks me if I want to download the app over WiFi because it is a very large app. Whether I tick or untick the box to use WiFi for the download, doesn't matter, the result stays the same : my phone waits for a WiFi connection.

My phone does this for almost every app. It only allows me to download apps under 1MB or something to be downloaded using the mobile data network.
How can I increase this limit?

I have this behaviour on every ROM version.

In my Google Play settings I also allow auto-updates over the data network.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI-2S

Open up Downloads, menu > settings > set bigger file size limit. (Any size doesn't seem to work 20M should be enough i hope)

Reactions: ZoXoR
Thanks! That worked! I can select a file size up to 1GB in the setting so that will surely be enough :)

Sent from my Xiaomi MI-2S

I cant get this to work and it is really p****ng me off! Why the **** do i need to be on wifi to download anything i have more mobile data in a month then i could download on app updates.

Sent from my MI2s with Tapatalk.

Ok i found it i didnt know there was a downloads app. It really should just be under settings it has been bugging me for months.

Sent from my MI2s with Tapatalk.

Open up Downloads, menu > settings > set bigger file size limit. (Any size doesn't seem to work 20M should be enough i hope)
Hi, why my device (mi3w)doesnot have downloads menu ?please advise. thanks

Hi, why my device (mi3w)doesnot have downloads menu ?please advise. thanks
You should try directly from TOOLS folder (first screen if you haven't moved it),
Inside the folder select DOWNLOAD, tap GEAR icon on top right.
you should be able to set download to unlimited there.

You should try directly from TOOLS folder (first screen if you haven't moved it),
Inside the folder select DOWNLOAD, tap GEAR icon on top right.
you should be able to set download to unlimited there

How about with mi4? Please give solution

Reactions: kokwon
Same fix as posted by members above - this definitely works for MI phone. I have personally tried it . It got nothing to do with play store setting . setting is under MI phone "download" icon.

this is an easy fix, and it can be found by going to the Downloads app. Once in here click the little gear icon on the top right of the app to enter the settings for the app, and you’ll find the data usage slider right there. This controls all data usage and downloads on a system level, and I’ve found that even with WiFi on it will often restrict your downloads until it feels confident that you aren’t using a metered cell data connection. This was even the case with hotspots for me, as it assumed that was actually a metered cell data connection and wouldn’t allow me to download anything. Setting this to a more reasonable limit than 1MB is great, but if you want to disable it altogether you can just change it to unlimited. Now you should be able to download anything you want on any connection that makes you feel good, so get to it!

Doesn't work for me. I set the download to unlimited and still the playstore download seeks the wifi despite me unchecked the require wifi box

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Sorry, do you mean the stock China ROM is preventing the application download via non wifi ?

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk