Cannot Update Xiaomi.eu Rom And No Usb Connection With Pc

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Note / Mi Note Pro' started by pkRussel, May 16, 2016.

1. pkRussel

pkRusselMembers

Jun 27, 2014
    Male
    Hi,

My wife asked me to backup the photo's on her phone. So I tried to, but Windows does not recognize her Phone. And when I use the Mi PC Suite it states I need to update the phone.
    So I downloaded the newest Virgo ROM (Xiaomi MiNote). And I tried to update the rom with the updater app as I always did. But the updater app gives me an error message.
    When I looked clearly at the ron page, it stated I need to install TWRP first with the updater app. But it doesnt install through the updater app. And when I looked further TWRP requires an usb connection with the pc.

And that was my starting problem to begin with. Anyone that can help me?

2. Mixxalych

MixxalychMembers

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    It would be a bit more helpful if you could be more specific about what exactly happened instead of "it doesn't install" , "error message" and "does not recognize". People here are generally good with educated guessing, but if you are looking for a specific advice, it's also good to be specific yourself.

For now I suspect that your phone has its bootloader locked so TWRP installation fails.

Have a look here, it explains how to install TWRP and EU ROM under various circumstances.

Share Our Site