Can't access TWRP

nazgaul

Members
Jul 21, 2016
Hi All.
Unlocked my mi 10 today.
I downloaded TWRP flash it like in the instruction but when i go to recovery mode i still see xiaomi screen.
What am i missing?

Thanks

Hi All.
Unlocked my mi 10 today.
I downloaded TWRP flash it like in the instruction but when i go to recovery mode i still see xiaomi screen.
What am i missing?

Thanks
How do you try to go into recovery?

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Did you reboot twrp recovery from fastboot? If you still have stock ROM installed, the it will write over and replace twrp with stock again.
If you are installing a non stock ROM, then fastboot twrp, reboot to twrp and install new ROM. This way it won't overwrite your twrp.

I installed the twrp recovery from fastboot .
After that i try to go to recovery in order to install eu rom but i get the default stock rom recovery

But do you actually go straight away to twrp recovery using the command-
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
followed by-
fastboot boot twrp.img
If you don't, it can get overwritten. If you are using fastboot as above, then there may be an issue with your .img file. Do you get any messages back from your fastboot commands in the DOS prompt window?

But do you actually go straight away to twrp recovery using the command-
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
followed by-
fastboot boot twrp.img
If you don't, it can get overwritten. If you are using fastboot as above, then there may be an issue with your .img file. Do you get any messages back from your fastboot commands in the DOS prompt window?
When i do that the phone get shut down and never got back up again and i need to power it up back again.
Maybe its a faulty twrp i'm trying to install? I use mi 10 and i d/l the umi twrp ( which have several versions apparently )

Phone should just power off and reboot straight in to recovery using the reboot command. Worth trying a different version then. Glad we don't have this on the ultra. Hope you find one working. I would try the link on the download page or http://mifirm.net. Others must be using a good one. May be someone reading might be able to help who has used a good version?

OK finally manage it.
couple of thing ill note in here if anyone ever read this
1. boot twrp takes time
2. my twrp was in Chinese - there is an options to change to English just need to find it.
3. after wipe the data you need to restart to recovery - windows didn't allow me to copy the rom zip file without it
4. after install the rom it take several minutes for the rom load so make cup of coffee.

Thank you guys for helping me.