Can't add language to physical keyboard on Mi Pad 5

Badral9

Members
Oct 23, 2021
Hello. I'm from mongolia. I just bought mi pad 5 with keyboard case. Unfortunately, I can't use my native language on physical keyboard. How to solve this problem.

Reactions: ManosPe
Hi does someone have fixed their problem? Cause i can't switch my language on my physical keyboard either.

Sent from my M2105K81AC using Tapatalk

No. Nothing helps. Unable to switch language on phisical keyboard other than English (ctr+space etc. - nothing works)

Hello,
today I got my physical keyboard and I have the same problem. I can't switch between languages (English-Greek). The keyboard works only with english (latin) keyboard characters. I would appreciate any help or at least a statement that there is no solution.
p.s. the screen keyboard works with both languages

Hello
Does Xiaomi Pad 5 keyboard case support Romanian language?
And overall, how many languages does physical keyboard support

I can switch input language by pressing Shift + Space Bar (not Ctrl + SPace Bar) with Xiaomi Original Physical Keyboard on my Xiaomi Pad 5. I switch between English and Chines input.

I just found it guys. I have Xiaomi Pad 6 with the physical keyboard that's cost 100bucks.
So to change your language on your physical keyboard you have to go to settings.
Additional settings- Language & Input- Keyboard,mouse,and track pad- Xiaomi keyboard- Add Language (English & The language that you want) To change your physical keyboard language, you have to Press CTRL+SPACE. And you changed the language in your physical keyboard. If you want to change the language to the keyboard on the Screen you have to Press Shift-Space. I hope I helped someone. And if you need more or something else don't hesitate to send me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-42-100_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-42-100_com.android.settings.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-44-479_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-44-479_com.android.settings.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-49-312_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-49-312_com.android.settings.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-11-00-068_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-11-00-068_com.android.settings.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-52-438_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-10-52-438_com.android.settings.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-11-04-507_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-11-04-507_com.android.settings.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 192
I think you can only add Chinese language only in the Virtual keyboard not in the physical one. If you want to add language in Chinese, Go to Settings type in the Search section (Gboard), and in the language add your language that you want.

Edit: I just tried it and it's also work for the physical keyboard, when you add the language in your keyboard after you add it in the Gboard
Change the language with the SHIFT + SPACEBAR to Chinese and start typing.

I think you can only add Chinese language only in the Virtual keyboard not in the physical one. If you want to add language in Chinese, Go to Settings type in the Search section (Gboard), and in the language add your language that you want.

Edit: I just tried it and it's also work for the physical keyboard, when you add the language in your keyboard after you add it in the Gboard
Change the language with the SHIFT + SPACEBAR to Chinese and start typing.

unofficial keyboard work kinda weird for me, i tried swiftkey and gboard and the language cant be change in some app (physical keyboard) like its alway switch back to the original xiaomi keyboard app. in my case i need 3 language which is English, Thai and Chinese. Chinese keyboard always disappear

unofficial keyboard work kinda weird for me, i tried swiftkey and gboard and the language cant be change in some app (physical keyboard) like its alway switch back to the original xiaomi keyboard app. in my case i need 3 language which is English, Thai and Chinese. Chinese keyboard always disappear
In some apps works fine. Sometimes its getting lagging and doesn't work. I think 3 language cant work. I don't know why. I think its a bug. I cant help you with that. For now! Happy new year