Can't Find Responsive Cofface Twrp

Neondayz

Members
Aug 20, 2016
Does anyone know where I can download a working Cofface TWRP for my Mi5 that's responsive? I've been looking for over an hour and can't seem to find one that has a responsive TWRP menu.

Thanks!

This one.

Check official twrp thread on XDA.

- sent from my Mi5

Thanks, I just tried that and it works but I don't think it's Cofface as it doesn't say it is. I'm currently using CM13 but would like to flash Miui 8 via TWRP. I've read that you need to use Cofface TWRP when flashing Miui 8 otherwise you can go into a bootloop. Do you know if that's true?

Thanks, I just tried that and it works but I don't think it's Cofface as it doesn't say it is. I'm currently using CM13 but would like to flash Miui 8 via TWRP. I've read that you need to use Cofface TWRP when flashing Miui 8 otherwise you can go into a bootloop. Do you know if that's true?
Official miui8 or Xiaomi.eu one?

- sent from my Mi5

Which one can I install with regular TWRP? I just want to get Miui 8 it doesn't matter which one to me lol.

Thanks for the help BTW!
You should be OK if you flash Xiaomi.eu one (I'm using this, but I've never tried cm on this phone), I can't tell you for sure about official releases. Anyway, make a nandroid backup before starting, just in case something goes wrong.

- sent from my Mi5

You should be OK if you flash Xiaomi.eu one (I'm using this, but I've never tried cm on this phone), I can't tell you for sure about official releases. Anyway, make a nandroid backup before starting, just in case something goes wrong.

- sent from my Mi5
Should I install stable or weekly? Also do I reset dalvik,data,cache,system? Wouldn't resetting system delete my backup?

Should I install stable or weekly? Also do I reset dalvik,data,cache,system? Wouldn't resetting system delete my backup?
There are no stables at the moment, they should be here in a week or so. If you don't have an OTG adapter you can avoid wiping system (or you can transfer it to your PC before, if you want to do a cleaner job).

- sent from my Mi5

I used the official TWRP web-site, selected Mi5 and tried the latest (3.2.0-1, I think it was), that caused to phone to hang at the TWRP introduction page, but using the official TWRP download of 3.0.2-0 works like a charm on both of my Mi5's.

I used the official TWRP web-site, selected Mi5 and tried the latest (3.2.0-1, I think it was), that caused to phone to hang at the TWRP introduction page, but using the official TWRP download of 3.0.2-0 works like a charm on both of my Mi5's.
Just check official xda thread, and download one of the two test builds in the the second post depending on your LCD type.

sent from my Mi5

I tried the following but no luck.
How can I tell what is my LCD type?

Also tried the two official tests on XDA, Cofface (here) and miuiandroid all versions.. no luck.. still not responsive :/

Thanks!

I tried the following but no luck.
How can I tell what is my LCD type?

Also tried the two official tests on XDA, Cofface (here) and miuiandroid all versions.. no luck.. still not responsive :/

Thanks!
In a terminal 'cat proc/hwinfo'

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: nirh216