New can't open a link from outlook in android work profile

wshamroukh

Members
Oct 13, 2020
I am using Xiaomi 10 Ultra with MIUI 12.5.6.
I have setup Android Work Profile to access my work email.
Any email that contains a link in outlook that i want to open, I cannot open it because I get an empty screen which is supposed to let me choose which browser to open the link with:
awp.jpeg

as you can notice, there is message where it says work profile is paused, however if I enable this, it doesn't do anything and still i don't see any app that i can choose to open the link with.
I have checked with colleagues of mine but they use Samsung and it works for them just fine.
any help is really appreciated here

Just wondering if this is the right place to report such issues and whether this will be taken into consideration and investigated further?

If you are not using the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM, it is definitely not the right place, you should try the official forums.

If you are not using the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM, it is definitely not the right place, you should try the official forums.

I am using EU rom for sure.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
you can solve it installing the latest web view,
searching the package name for update de app in apkmirror then install
-restarting the phone

you can solve it installing the latest web view,
searching the package name for update de app in apkmirror then install
-restarting the phone
I have this latest version (October 11,2021) of webview here

Which version of webview resolves this issue?
dc8d39daa7db279cb25bb87054a8906d.jpg
62e620cb9ff559e89811bbd98f730514.jpg

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

maybe this version you need install it and restart the phone after this: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...-webview-94-0-4606-85-9-android-apk-download/

or you can try to uninstall then restart the phone and the install it back and restart the phone one more time if you don´t install this app out of google play

-if it don´t works for you try to install https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/work-profile-setup-3/work-profile-setup-3-11-release/
maybe normal install don´t works for you but you can try it.

****IF THE NORMAL INSTALL DONT WORKS TOR YOU****

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/ DONWLOAD THE LATEST VERSION install it in windows execute it and follow the next commandline:

adb devices

adb install

NOTE: in adb all command lines you need enter KEY before continue
In adb install YOU NEED DOWLOAD THE APK AND PAST IT THERE AND NEXT ENTER

*****IF IT DON´T WORKS FOR YOU, MAYBE YOU NEED DO A DOWNGRADE OF BEFORE XIAOMI EU VERSION THAT WORKS IT APP FOR YOU*****

Hmm I see... Sucks :( I want it solved...
The thing is no one on this forum special developers are giving any attention to this bug report which is disappointing.
Other android devices don't face this issue so it is specific to Xiaomi MiUi

Sent from my Xiaomi device using Tapatalk

The thing is no one on this forum special developers are giving any attention to this bug report which is disappointing.
Other android devices don't face this issue so it is specific to Xiaomi MiUi

Sent from my Xiaomi device using Tapatalk
If this issue is specific to Xiaomi MIUI, and not to the ROM, maybe it is just that you are asking at the wrong place.

There is only one developer for Xiaomi.eu, so maybe you could search a little on your side like trying a stock Xiaomi ROM and so on.

Reactions: Poney70
Hi,

Did someone found the solution about this problem?
Same issue here 1 month later, android system webview up to date.