Revanced not opening from Chrome on latest xiaomi.eu stable

roland55

Members
Jun 24, 2023
Hi i have a problem with chrome not opening youtube links in the prefered app , i.e. revanced:

what worked on other xiaomi phones in the past, doesn't work on the xiaomi13 (xiaomi.eu firmware latest):

i.e. I installed hiddensettings app and set open default (youtube) links torevanced. if i use the google app and click on a YT video then revanced opens as it should.
but for the life of me i cannot convince Chrome to do the same.

as long as youtube app is installed chrome will be adamant to open original youtube app (no matter what i configure in the "hiddensettings" app). once i uninstall the official youtube app chrome will open any youtube link in browser.

chrome (and any other browser) somehow seems to ignore the "open default" option set in the hiddensettings app. if official youtube app is not found it will just do its thing and open in browser

any help would be much appreciated.

You did disable open by default in the stock YouTube app, right?
Btw, some Google apps are hardwired to open links in the stock YouTube app and there's nothing you can do, because the root version of ReVanced with the same package name as stock isn't working right now.

Reactions: roland55
thanks for the reply. yes , i removed all the default-open links from youtube app and attributed them to revanced... but even uninstalling youtube nets the same results:
> if youtube app is installed chrome will open youtube app (no matter what setting in hiddensettings app)
> if youtube app is uninstalled chrome will open youtube in browser

roland55

Uninstall the YouTube app and the problem will be solved.
I only use ReVanced and when I click on a video link in Chrome the videos start in ReVanced.
this just does not work for me :(
is your device rooted?
procedure i took:
1 install revanced
2 install hidden settings
3 change all open by default youtube links to revanced
(4 uninstall official youtube)

am i doing it wrong by any chance? missing any settings?

thanks for the reply. yes , i removed all the default-open links from youtube app and attributed them to revanced... but even uninstalling youtube nets the same results:
> if youtube app is installed chrome will open youtube app (no matter what setting in hiddensettings app)
Are you sure what you are using is Chrome though, because opening YouTube links from the Google (search) app will always open them in the stock app, but if you open from the Chrome app, that shouldn't happen I think.

thats the best part: if i use google (search) app the video will actually open in Revanced :D :(

it's just chrome that does not want to play along...

this just does not work for me :(
is your device rooted?
procedure i took:
1 install revanced
2 install hidden settings
3 change all open by default youtube links to revanced
(4 uninstall official youtube)

am i doing it wrong by any chance? missing any settings?
I'm not using root:
1- uninstall YouTube
2 - install Vanced microG
3 - ReVanced Extendet installation
4 - install hidden settings
- change all open by default youtube links to ReVanced
5 - Done

I'm not using root:
1- uninstall YouTube
2 - install Vanced microG
3 - ReVanced Extendet installation
4 - install hidden settings
- change all open by default youtube links to ReVanced
5 - Done
Which Hidden Settings app are you currently using? Could you provide the link for us?
Tks,

my god. thank you guys!

i solved it simply by installing Revanced EXTENDED insttead of vanilla revanced.

same steps as usual (uninstall yt and go through hidden settings) and now it works

thanks again <3