Can't Play Pokémon Go On My Note 4

Carlos Gomes

Members
Jan 25, 2017
Hey guys
I just recently bought a Xiaomi Note 4 also to play pk go and when I try to login to my account it says its not compatible.
Please please could someone help me out?
I already applied for unlocking my bootloader
Many thanks!!

You cannot play Pokemon Go with the stock ROM. For some reason it gives root acces (mine did anyway) and then Pokemon Go blocks your phone because root acces allows you to use gps hacks.

If you install the rom from this website (after you have unlocked your bootloader) you will be able to play it.

Thanks man!! Is there any other way to unlock my bootloader without having to ask and wait for permission??
You can flash stock official Roms without unlocking bootloader. Root isn't enabled by default (it is an option in the China dev and possibly global dev ROM) on global official MIUI.

What ROM version are you running? If it's the one installed on the ROM that looks like official MIUI but is rooted then it's a vendor rom and best to flash over with official ROM asap. Most vendor Roms are version 8.0.5.0 which isnt a global ROM but a modded Chinese rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wilderone
And you think if I flash stock offical roms it would take care of my pkgo problem?
Sorry I'm being so annoying

And you think if I flash stock offical roms it would take care of my pkgo problem?
Yes it's the official Roms are unrooted.
I would check if someone can confirm it works on global stable. I just tried on China dev (unrooted) but got a message that the device/os etc isn't compatible.

But how can I install and official Rom?
Sorry guys I'm a newb regarding all of these things :S
See the guide at the link below. You can follow the steps to unbrick if you don't want to to unlock your bootloader. It basically flashes the stock ROM and WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA. So be warned, read the guide and ask any questions if unsure and remember to back up any important data.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3517806