can't register for xiaomi account...

Status
Not open for further replies.

10thknight

Members
Jan 27, 2013
i can't seem to register as every time i go to register it doesn't send me an activation email on both phone and pc. please help...

I finally got the email after 10 tries but the activation email was in chinese and the date of the email was 01/01/1970????????

I finally got the email after 10 tries but the activation email was in chinese and the date of the email was 01/01/1970????????
I think you just need to click on link so doesn't matter if you get activated

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

I don't know it just worked after plenty of tries. They prob send out the emails once a week or something?

We reported to Xiaomi this problem (many international users got same issues) and they fixed, now it should works fine.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI-2 with Tapatalk 2

Reactions: boojay and ingbrzy
We reported to Xiaomi this problem (many international users got same issues) and they fixed, now it should works fine.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI-2 with Tapatalk 2

Great, it's working for me now, thanks!

This is a very old conversation, but when I experienced the same problem mentioned here years later, I landed here, so I think that it is useful to write down here how I could solve/bypass the problem.
Apparently the Xiaomi server is unable to deal with grey listing. Hence, you don't get a response if your email service employs this ant-spam facility. Using a different email account without grey listing yielded an almost immediate response.
So, if you face the problem that you don't get an confirmation mail from Xiaomi, try to switch grey listing off (if you can) or use another email address for which grey listing is not configured.

After so many years of described error still the servers to Xiaomi doesn't work!
I have equipment that need to be register t use it and simple when I try to do it the reply is that user can't be create now, please try later
This is ridicules to a company which is pretending to be on the world market to block the users to use the equipment simple because - the servers are not running...

Perhaps the same error when trying to register for a Mi account. Email and password given => submit => "Couldn't sign up(undefined)"
And no confirmation email obviously.

Registering to this forum worked without problems though.

I could not register with email using any of my devices. The solution to was to register with Google account. After that setting a password was needed. Now everything seems to work.

I found mine in my gmail spam folder.
That's true. Gmail is one of the rare cases that accept mail from Xiaomi but handle it as spam. Lots of European providers do not and reject emails (GMX, Web.de ...). So it''s best to try another provider and collect own mail addresses. That sucks...

I'm also trying to get an activation link for a Mi Fit account.
I tried two different e-mails. Nothing works.
I bought Mi Band to use it. I bought it! A device! And I HAVE TO have an app, a special account, specially activated...
I want to use a band that can show time and control Spotify.
It is to much to ask?!

i cannot register using email
it is not on gmail or other free services
i have checked all the folders including 'spam' and no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.