New Can't Unlock Phone

goncalo29

Members
Mar 7, 2018
Hi, I have a Mi Note 3, unlocked and on Xiaomi.eu 8.3.1 ROM... I tried to update it to 8.3.22, but the phone said "This device is locked" and I couldn't unlock because there was no keyboard to type the password...

So I went back to TWRP and restored to the backup I made previously, it boots and asks me to draw my pattern to unlock the device... I draw the pattern and it doesn't accept it... I'm 100% sure I drew the correct pattern.

EDIT: I went to TWRP and deleted the pattern file, but still looking for a fix for the first problem.

Can somebody help me please?

Last edited:
I had a similar issue, but not sure it is exactly the same :
I had no keyboard for the password of the WIFI, but i had a keyboard for the Mi account password
So I typed the wifi password in the mi account window, copy it, and paste it in the wifi window
Then i was able to connect and unlock my phone :)

I had no keyboard for the password of the WIFI, but i had a keyboard for the Mi account password
So I typed the wifi password in the mi account window, copy it, and paste it in the wifi window
That's what I did, someone suggested it in the weekly rom thread and it worked. Thanks anyway.

But xiaomi should fix it.

YOU ARE A SUPERMAN!!!!!
thats the way i unlock my redmi 5
THANKS and greetings from Greece

Hi, I have a Mi Note 3, unlocked and on Xiaomi.eu 8.3.1 ROM... I tried to update it to 8.3.22, but the phone said "This device is locked" and I couldn't unlock because there was no keyboard to type the password...

So I went back to TWRP and restored to the backup I made previously, it boots and asks me to draw my pattern to unlock the device... I draw the pattern and it doesn't accept it... I'm 100% sure I drew the correct pattern.

EDIT: I went to TWRP and deleted the pattern file, but still looking for a fix for the first problem.

Can somebody help me please?
When you make a backup, disable all the security mode. Pattern, pin etc.
I have same situation one year ago.

Reactions: goncalo29