Can't Unlock/root/or Install Twrp.

Yasje

Members
Dec 5, 2014
Hey guys,

I got some issues with my mi4c.

When i installed 8.3 stable rom long time ago... i lost my root, twrp, and my bootloader got locked.

i have tried everything so far but nothing helped...

Can someone help me with it?

Thank you a lot.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a similar problem and my phone is not dead... yet.

I have a Mi4c bought at GB, which came with a shop rom version 8.2.1.0.0 and locked bootloader.
After many tries, I managed to unlock the bootloader unofficially, downgrading to 6.1.7 image through fastboot and unlocking also by fastboot.
Then I installed TWRP suggested in here: ...xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-10-19.41961/ followed by the version 8.5 of Miui Eu ROM.
Everything went fine and I ended up with my phone on Miui 8.5.1.0.

But... when I tried to reboot to recovery, I found out I haven't got any!
I tried to reflash TWRP once again by fastboot but found out that I could't because Miui Eu 8.5 relocked my bootloader.
Tried to reflash official 6.1.7 again without sucess, even through EDL.

Now I can't install any official rom, either through update app, fastboot, Mi flash or Mi Suite and I can't unlock the bootlader officialy because I have an unofficial rom.

It's not that I don't like the rom.
The reason is I was having some sound issues that I thought it might be due to apps/files conflicts and I would like to try a clean flash (wiping system partition) and the in the previous instalation I didn't do a full wipe, and I still have the same issues.

Is there any solution for my problem or am I forever tied to this rom.

Have you tried to flash 6.1.7 using MiFlash Tool ?
Yes, using MiFlash 2014.05.09.0, the same version I used to flash the first time.
Now returns the error "unspecified error(0x80004005: FAILED (remote: Critical partition flashing is not allowed))

iamme729 said:
...Type command fastboot oem edl > Then, flash through Mi Flash
Tried that to. MiFlash returned an error I can't specify know. Curiously, thats how I managed to install 6.1.7 the first time.

MeiGuddet said:
Maybe try a newer Mi Flash
Yesterday I tried the 2 last versions. Couldn't even install them. Maybe something to do with my computer.

But there are some progress... and a new dead end!

Finally I was able to unlock the bootloader oficially (I was trying to unlock it with my wife account, but I have asked for permission with my account, duhhh!!)
Now I have the bootloader unlocked, I was able to flash TWRP 3.1.1.1 and flashed CM 13.1 (the same version I have on another Mi4c), but the phone remains stuck at Mi logo.

The Miui version I had previously installed was based on Nougat. Should this have something to do with the fact that the phone doesn't boot with a Marshmallow rom (CM 13.1)?

Later I'll give it a try with xiaomitool.

To the moderation:
Sorry about the previous replies, but I was getting the error I couldn't post links, although this reply doesn't have any.

Good news...
It seems my bootloader was updated to Nougat when I flashed MIUI 8.5, so anything else other than android 7 I throw into it won't stick.
So back to twrp 3.1.1.1 and LineageOS 14.1 into it... and is back alive.

... and bad news: the sound problem still persists, so its a hardware issue.
Although its a "now it works, now it doesn't" issue, when it fails it crashes the phone with a simple phone call. Other than that works fine.

Now try to find someone to repair it.

Thank you all for the tips, they were really helpful. ;)