Can't use some widgets in other launchers/apps?

Androyed

Members
Jun 18, 2011
I downloaded Quickdesk today, because I wanted to control my music but not through the homescreen. If you don't know about Quickdesk: it is an multitask app, which brings up a screen when you double tap the home button. In that screen you can see recent apps, as well as widgets and apps that you want.

So I wanted to use Quickdesk with the 4x4 music widget that comes with MIUI, but it didn't show up in the list! Only the 4x1 widget did! The same goes for the search widget, it also didn't show up.

I've had this problem before with homescreen replacements like Go Launcher Ex. Any ideas?

Those widgets are built directly into the MIUI launcher and will not work with any other launcher (yes, quickdesk is basically an alternative launcher).

Those widgets are built directly into the MIUI launcher and will not work with any other launcher (yes, quickdesk is basically an alternative launcher).

So there is no other way? Can't I download the 4x4 widget so that it works on Quickdesk or any other launcher for that matter?

No, just as ZeroBarrier said... the widgets are built into the launcher so if you change launcher you can't use them.