Invalid Can't Withdraw Consent On Security App

TheLion

Members
Mar 19, 2021
I did something really dumb, I pressed optimise by accident in the Security App and it automatically added my consent to sending info, which I do not want. I'm on Weekly 21.9.1 and I can't Withdraw Consent under the Security app settings.

It says "Can't connect to network" when I try to withdraw consent. A few times it says it and just spins for ages and ages doing nothing I have Wi-Fi on, Internet works, can load pages, I tried Mobile Data, same thing. I also tried clearing app data for Security app. Still cannot withdraw consent. Not sure if a bug or problem. I would like to Withdraw Consent, but just can't. I fear I may have to reformat because I can't turn off this stupid setting. Unless there's an ADB setting or something which may help me. Please help! Lesson learned from this, is to not fat finger security app ever again. Till I can get this fixed, I'm keeping my device off because it's bugging me not being able to turn this off.

Nothing to withdraw. Security app is not allowed to connect to the network on our ROMs (that's why you're seeing this "Can't connect to network" message), except for the virus scan and only if allowed in the dialog, and virus definitions update.
In all seriousness though, if you have a problem with MIUI's core system apps that makes you not trust them, just don't use MIUI.

Reactions: geoorg and Poney70
Nothing to withdraw. Security app is not allowed to connect to the network on our ROMs (that's why you're seeing this "Can't connect to network" message), except for the virus scan and only if allowed in the dialog, and virus definitions update.
In all seriousness though, if you have a problem with MIUI's core system apps that makes you not trust them, just don't use MIUI.
I see, is that also why I can't update virus definitions and it says "server is busy"?

Is there any way I can at least withdraw the consent at all? Just for peace of mind. I don't care if it totally wipe's the Security app's settings.

I see, is that also why I can't update virus definitions and it says "server is busy"?
No, there's an issue with one of the engines. It might have been shut down since Xiaomi officially removed it a while back.

Is there any way I can at least withdraw the consent at all? Just for peace of mind. I don't care if it totally wipe's the Security app's settings.
Seriously? Nope. Withdraw the consent on an official ROM, where internet access and analytics are enabled for the Security app.

No, there's an issue with one of the engines. It might have been shut down since Xiaomi officially removed it a while back.

Seriously? Nope. Withdraw the consent on an official ROM, where internet access and analytics are enabled for the Security app.
Ah okay, so Xiaomi.eu blocks security app internet connection except for virus scan? Neat.