Changing your fonts [ How to ]

Has anyone gotten this to work on the incredible running 12.24? Mine just hangs on the htc incredible boot screen any help would be appreciated

No, it was a typo. Sorry, but instead of changing the names to Arial and Arial-bold just leave it and move it into /system/fonts , including the clockopia file also. So, the fonts file when you open it should be originally DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf and also have the clockopia.ttf file too.

Okay well did that changed permissions and rebooted it didn't stick at htc logo but it didn't change the fonts either should I try to rename them but this time include the clockopia file?

Okay, this is what I did. I went into the zipped folder and took the font files out renamed them to Arial.ttf and Arial-Bold.ttf and replaced them with the ones under system/fonts, I didn't include the clockopia file either. I rebooted and then nothing, after that I went to the font file again and this time just took all the files in the font pack which is ( Droidsans.ttf, Droidsans-bold.ttf and clockopia.ttf ) and just pasted them all into system/fonts, I left the arial ones the same. I didn't switch them back to the original font. So, after pasting the (Droidsans.ttf, Droidsans-bold.ttf and clockopia.ttf) I booted into recovery and clicked on reboot phone. (thats how I do a reboot) Haha, and it worked for me ^___^. Hope this is helpful...

Okay so I followed your instructions but deviated only slightly I deleted all of them the arials and the droidsans and also the clockopia. Then I renamed the one I wanted to arials then I copied them to the fonts folder and then copied the droidsans and the clockopia and pasted them in the font folder and used ur trick used rom manager to boot into recovery then rebooted and it all works!!!! Thanks a lot for all your help!!

I sure wish their was an easier way to change fonts with miui instead of going thru all these steps.

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Maybe once Someone figures out how to use the theme manager to change fonts it will be better but as of now I agree

Well after doing some trial and error I can change my font as long as I delete all of the arial fonts. If I leave one arial fonts it hangs. So for me I just deleted all arials and paste my font that I renamed arial and arial-bold then reboot normally.... so the droidsans and clockopia have nothing to do with it. Hope this helps someone.